The Board The Bump and I.

Jailyn~

I draw a big '18' on the whiteboard we've just picked up from Target on our way back to our house from telling my family. Underneath the big numbers, I write weeks and then under that in a smaller print I write, 'You're about the size of a cucumber right now and we just found out that you're a boy. We can't wait to meet you!' I look at it and smile as I doodle little designs around it. Why haven't we done this earlier?

"Beautiful," Christian says scratching my head a little with his fingers making me smile a little more as I look at him, "I can't believe we're having a little boy, like." Christian just scoffs a little as his mouth stays open as he shakes his head almost in disbelief. "That's crazy. I'm excited I just really thought it was going to be a girl."

"I kinda thought it was going to be too, like I was expecting a boy so I figured it was going to end up being a girl," I tell him laughing a little as he sits on the ground next to me. "I'm excited for a boy though. Get a little you running around."

"He'll be pretty cute that's for sure," Christian says giving me a little grin, "Any kid coming from you would be pretty cute though." I just smile looking back at the board I've made up, "You ready for the picture then?" I nod and stand up myself grabbing the whiteboard now from the floor. "Where are you thinking?"

"Basement?" I suggest, "That's probably got the most clear space for it to be just the board and the bump and I." Even if I really don't have a bump yet. "We can put up that little sign thing for the pictures too."

"Yeah, that'll be cute," Christian says nodding as he stands so we can head downstairs. I take the lead flicking the light on right away as I make the descent to our finished basement and head to the side where I asked all the girls to be my bridesmaids officially. That's crazy that was over five years ago. Christian and I have been in this house for nine years now this year. That's absolutely insane. We've shared so damn much here and now we get to bring our little boy into it too. Crazy how life happens.

"Right here?" I suggest holding the board up against the wall, Christian nods seeing the big picture. I pull off the little adhesive protectors and shove them into my pocket before carefully sticking the board to our wall. Taking a step back I look at it and make sure it's level. The '18 Weeks' being so prominent on it making me smile some more, we're already almost halfway there.

"Perfect," I comment happy with how it looks. I slip my T-Shirt off leaving me just in my black sports bra and my basic Adidas track pants. I'm nothing if not completely on-brand. "Should I hold my stomach like I actually have a bump?" I ask Christian laughing a little at the thought.

"I mean, may as well," Christian says shrugging messing around with the little polaroid camera we bought for this. "Aren't you supposed to do the same pose every week. Show the difference a little more."

"Yeah," I say shrugging a little, "You ready or do you need help figuring it out?"

"I've got it," He says with a little attitude before chuckling, "And pose for me." He instructs making me laugh as he holds the little camera up. I put my hands on my stomach and smile at my adorable husband while he figures out the new camera before he manages to get the picture taken and we wait and let it print out. He takes it out and shakes it slightly hopefully getting it to develop right away.

He pulls it up and there I am smiling away holding my stomach next to the board. Maybe I do actually have a little bump. It's not much of one at all nothing that I feel like literally, anyone would bat an eye over especially with my muscle still prominent. "I've got a little bit of a bump," I comment, "I don't think anyone who wasn't trying to see it would notice it but it's like there."

"Really?" Christian asks taking a step away from me to look me over. "I can't tell like at all."

"You also see me and my stomach basically every day."

Christian grins coming over and picking me up making me laugh as he lays me on the couch. "Damn right I do," He says laughing into my belly before he covers it in kisses making me laugh that much harder. "God I love you and your little snort laugh so damn much," He tells me making me continue laughing while my face turns red embarrassed over my small laugh that he's never had a problem with. He kisses my belly some more before I feel it. Almost a little tap on the opposite side of where Christian was being silly. Very shortly after the tiny little tap almost like a bubble popping or something, there's a little flutter. Almost like it was just a little gas or like I'm hungry but definitely not either.

"Stop, stop, stop," I say almost urgently as I push on Christian a little sitting up and looking at my stomach holding my hands on the sides gently ignoring the mild panic I know Christian is feeling. Then I feel the little rumbling again. My vision gets clouded incredibly quickly as the tears pool in my eyes, that's my baby. That's my son, it has to be. "I-I-I can feel him," I tell Christian looking up at his obviously concerned face. I can see him physically relax as the biggest smile replaces the concern on his face. "It's like I don't even really know how to describe it to you but, it's him, I know it," I say still holding onto the sides of my stomach even though I can't feel anything on the outside. "It's like when you're hungry and your stomach rumbles but also like little bubbles popping almost, oh my god." Christian furrows his eyebrows a little before almost asking if he can touch my stomach as he holds out his hand. I nod and wait to see if he wants to move again.

"I don't know if you'll be able to feel him yet," I tell Christian as my eyebrows push together a little just waiting for our son to move again. "I couldn't feel him on my hands."

"Is he moving?" Christian asks looking up to me, I shake my head. "Well get him moving," Christian teases making me laugh a little as I just shake my head. "C'mon little man, show daddy what you've got," Christian says into my stomach, his nose resting on me as he speaks to our son. His hands rest gently just above where mine were resting. Christian speaks softly and my heart flutters more than anything watching him interacting with our baby. He's going to be the best dad. "I can't wait to meet you, little dude, show you how to hit. Maybe I should leave that to your momma though," Christian looks up at me and gives me a little grin before he goes back to our baby boy, "She's easily the greatest hitter of all time, it's pretty cool to see. I'm sure you'll get to see it loads one day if she wants to go back once you make your appearance in a couple of months. I could show you how to land a girl like your momma though," Christian says making me laugh a little as I push on his head a little. "We already love you so damn much little dude and I know that you've got so many people who love you already even if they've just learned about you today."

Christian goes back to kissing my belly making me laugh some more before I tell him, "Why don't you come up and kiss my lips, you don't get to be this cute and not."

"Shush, these are for my kid, not you," I scoff a little bit offended almost before I laugh as he kisses my stomach two more times before he makes his way up to my face. "This one can be for you though," He says quietly before pressing his lips gently to mine. Moving my hand up his along his torso I hold the scruff of his neck leaning up into him as we kiss before he pulls away resting his forehead on mine, "Thank you, for making me the happiest man in the whole world. By not only letting me become a dad, but by being the most incredible woman I've ever gotten to meet. I love you JJ, so damn much."

I let out a little laugh trying not to cry again, "Can you wait until I'm not super hormonal and pregnant to be so sweet. I'm crying enough the way it is," I laugh a little more, "I love you, more than I'll ever be able to express." Christian nods a little against me with a soft smile before he presses his lips back onto mine both of us just passionate for one another as ever before. I couldn't be any happier for the little life we've created together.