9

"You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start
So dance along to the beat of your heart"

- Fall out Boy

_______________________________________

"What are you doing out here? Do you know how dangerous it is for you to be out of your room with all these people lurking around?" Yoongi asked out of concern after pulling away from the hug.

Afraid that he was going to leave you, you held on to his hand to stop him from getting further away from you, shocking him almost at your sudden gesture.

"I needed to find you- I needed to talk to you, Yoongi" you responded truthfully, not fraying your eyes away from his dark brown ones.

He wasn't clueless, he knew you were out looking for him. Out looking for answers.

The ex-hero looked away in guilt, not sure of how you would take the information he was about to give.

"...what do you want to ask?"

"Where are we? Why did you go through the portal? How does Jay know you? Why... did you join them?" You wanted to hear that he was pretending, that he was going to bring the villains down from the inside out.

You wanted to hear that he was still a hero.

"...Y/N... who are the heroes?" He asked, making you confused as to why he didn't answer any of your questions.

"Why are you... asking that? It's the people back at home, of course. The people of Athena, Eros and Zeus... we are heroes" the other simply sighed at your answer, expecting it all the same.

"...what if I say... that, maybe the heroes we thought all along were the bad guys instead" you took a second.

And another second.

And another.

"...what?" Yoongi looked away momentarily, clearly anxious to what he was about to say.

"... what if Phantom is leading the good side?"

...no no no...

"Yoongi... you can't be serious right now- you're trying to fool me, right?! You're just trying to make sure that they won't catch you lying to them... right?" His eyes only held guilt, no sign that they were lying to you or trying to hint that you were right.

"...I used to think that the hero council were amazing people, that's what my sister taught me... but, they killed her... they killed my DaEun!" You couldn't believe your ears. The person in front of you wasn't the same person you came to know.

"...yes, the hero council have made really bad decisions in the past and they may continue to do so- but, I can say it as a fact that the heroes that they created are one of the many amazing things that they have ever done!" You tried to convince him while making sure to never let go of his hand.

"...what's the point of having amazing heroes... when they can't even save everyone?" your heart sank. These were the words of someone losing their faith- their trust in heroes.

"...we try our very best to save everyone... we are not all perfect but that's what makes us human. That's what makes us heroes" you grabbed his other hand, showing that you were serious and that hopefully he would rethink his decision.

He looked in to your eyes, processing your heartfelt words in his mind before sighing to himself.

Yoongi removed his hands from yours.

"I'm sorry..." your eyes that were in disbelief at the older watched as he walked away from you and towards the exit before opening the door slightly and looking at you once more.

"I may be standing in front of you...

...but we stand on different sides"

_______________________________________

A/n: that's it *packs stuff, leaves my chicken coop, buys a one way ticket to Korea* Yoongi, I am on the way and I am MAD