56

"You f*cked up me and you
Don't you f*ck up this too"

- Loote

_______________________________________

The sound of water dropping after being ringed out filled the bright bedroom that belonged to Taehyung.

The windows were wide open and the spring breeze blew inside and helped the injured to get a breath of fresh air now and then.

Jimin placed the damp rag on the size shifter's forehead before sighing to himself, hoping that the other would wake up soon and be alright.

The elemental had many questions to ask.

But he knew that he didn't want to rush Taehyung especially since he had been wounded so much.

Jimin was curious to find out as to how the Zeus hero knew about his identity. Only a few people knew and Taehyung was not one of them- well, that's what he had thought.

"...ter..." his ears perked up at the sound of murmuring and his eyes darted to the boy laying in front of him.

"V? Are you awake?!"

"...ater"

"Hm? What?"

"...I need water" he finally choked out. It a took the silver haired a moment to realise what the exhausted male was indicating and he wasted no time in pouring him a drink.

"Right! Water!" After filling up the cup, Jimin helped the other sit up and drink before placing it back down.

"...gah, that's what I needed..." Taehyung breathed out in pleasure before leaning back on the head rest of his bed. His brows scrunched at the familiar feeling of his bed and wondered why he had returned to his room when he was outside not that long ago.

"...V?" That's when he realised who was in the room with him.

"J-Jimin?! Gah!" He was about to scurry off when he felt a sudden burst of pain from his lower abdomen.

"Stay still, V! You need to take it easy!" Jimin warned while standing up and grabbing his shoulders to stop him from running away.

The blue haired male was astounded to say the least. Why was Jimin being to caring towards him? He had nearly stabbed him and had planned to run away without an explanation.

The Eros Protector noticed this.

"...even though I really want to ask you so many questions right now... I will wait and not force it out of you..." gulping nervously, Taehyung watched with wary eyes at the other.

Since he was the late president's son and also good friends with the current president, he could surely send him to prison for his wrong doings.

But, deep down, he knew that Jimin was very caring and nothing like the council members that he had came to know over the years.

Nothing like a person who would wrongly accuse someone of murder.

Even now, Jimin was able to care for him and not demand answers.

However, he had owed him that much at least.

"...five years ago, you accused my father of killing the president... all alibis were in my father's favour and your testimony made no sense... however, because of your status as the president's son, the council didn't want you to hate them and put their jobs at risk...
Because of your sudden death and the court case being nullified, my family and I had no choice but to leave our lives and gain new ones... luckily my father didn't go to prison but he found it difficult to get a job because he had to show the employers of his criminal records and everyone refused him.
It was getting difficult for us to even survive in the dangerous neighbourhood... so I had no choice but to join the gang and steal their money for us to live...I even tried to get back with my fiancé that I hated so much just so she could financially support us...
Nothing was going our way after that day..." Jimin's heart could only sink lower and lower at each sentence. He didn't know he had cause Taehyung's life to be this way and he couldn't fathom that he was the reason that he got all those scars.

"...but I knew you weren't dead" the injured hero stated, confidence radiating off of him as he said so.

"I knew you weren't dead because there was no way you would have left this world with my family and I suffering... and I was right..." Jimin couldn't describe what he was feeling.

"Now that I've answered your questions... you should answer mine" the elemental hesitated but nodded his head yes. It was also the least he could do.

"...do you still stand by your testimony? That you witnessed my father... kill yours?" Silence filled the room as Taehyung waited in anticipation for the other's response.

"...on that day... I may have been not in the right mind... but... I knew one thing for sure...

...and that is I saw your father kill mine"

_______________________________________

A/N: who do you believe is telling the truth?🤔

Also, I think the next update of this book is that last one... we're nearing the end of the series 🤧🤧😭😭