69

"I'm turning up the volume when you speak
'Cause if my heart can't stop it,
I find a way to block it, I go-"

- Sam Smith

_______________________________________

---------------------6 years ago--------------------

"You promise to come and see my performance?" Jimin exclaimed with a hopeful tone as held his suitcase tighter in his while standing by the entrance way of his father's mansion.

Kangjoon chuckled.

"Of course, just like we always do" he assured while crossing his arms.

"Will you come, James?" The dancer's eyes rounded to puppy dog eyes since he knew that the older would be more reluctant.

"...I'll be there" James responded with a blank expression as he stood next to his brother.

Jimin's grin widened once he had established that his friends would join him later on in the year in Germany.

The President's personal driver walked over to the three with a grim expression.

"I'm sorry but I'm afraid your father won't be able to see you off. He sends his apologies" Jimin sighed before giving a lopsided smile to the old driver.

"It's okay, I should be thankful that he allowed me to even go to Germany" he stated while trying to look on the brighter side of the situation. Kangjoon bit his lip nervously, knowing fully well why the president could come and see him and he turned to look at James who also knew the reason.

"Well... I'll be off then-"

"Wait!" A woman's voice was heard from within the mansion and the familiar face of Miss Danger came in to view.

"Mrs. Chae? What are you doing here?" Jimin asked out of curiosity. The middle aged woman smiled warmly as she walked over to the dancer's side.

"I'll be joining you to go to Germany! That way, you won't be alone" she explained while gesturing for the driver to take her luggage in to the car as well.

The now seventeen year old's face brightened upon hearing such good news.

"Really?! You're coming, Mrs. Chae?!"

"But of course! I want to see my little ChimChim grow don't I?" The situation was sweet and really brought Jimin's heart in to light as he couldn't hold back his excitement.

"What are we waiting for?! Let's go!" He exclaimed while pulling on Miss Danger's hand towards the revving car.

James wasted no time in going back inside and away from the bubbly duo.

Kangjoon was worried to say the least as he knew that his adopted brother did not like Jimin one bit. He was obviously jealous that the dancer could leave and go achieve his dreams while he stayed and be forced to be someone he wasn't.

_______________________________________

A/n: 👀