85

COURAGE
_______________________________________

Breathe in.
Breathe out.

Breathe in.
Breath out.

Why were you so nervous?

You weren't the one becoming President.

Mrs. Chae sat across the room from you on the beige couch while looking at you with worry in her eyes.

"...nervous?" Her voice caught your attention and you looked over to see that she was indeed talking to you. Which was strange.

"...yes... a little" Jimin was in another room getting his mic clipped on and going through sound testing. The announcement was only ten minutes away.

You were mostly nervous about how the public would react to Jimin coming back alive. Would they hate him? Would they call him a fake? Would they distrust the council even more?

The soon to be President must be having these thoughts too but, even worse.

Mrs. Chae smiled sadly.

"...I too was like you... I was assigned to protect Jimin's father when he became president as well... I had only just became a hero at the time" funnily enough, Miss Danger didn't want to be a hero when she was younger but once they found a citizen who could sense danger, they knew that she would be a great asset to the hero council. So they begged her for years to join and finally, she agreed. However, that didn't stop her from lacking the confidence that a hero should have.

Taken aback, you didn't realise how similar you two were.

"...to calm myself, I remind myself why I'm doing this... why I'm protecting"

Looking down, memories of why you decided to become a hero filled your mind. Over the course of these months, it was to protect your friends and then as more time passed it was because your heart was in the right place.

You wanted to help.

You wanted to save.

You wanted to protect.

You wanted to be a hero.

Slowly you felt your nerves calm down slightly before looking back up at the retired hero with gratitude.

"...thanks, that really helped" suddenly, Mrs. Chae realised what she had said and cleared her throat in the process of it.

"Ahem, I should go check up on Jimi-" the door opened to reveal the mentioned male all mic'd up and ready to go. Both of you stood up upon sight of him and couldn't stop yourself from smiling.

Jimin looked ready from his attire but his expression still said otherwise.

Mrs. Chae walked over to fix his collar slightly while taking him all in.

"...my ChimChim is all grown up..." backing away slightly, she proceeded to bow in respect, making the younger panic a little from the gesture.

"Mrs. Chae! You don't need to bow!"

"I must, Mr. Park. You are going to be President soon" she explained after returning back to her original posture.

The change of name surprised him before scratching the back of his neck shyly.

"That is if they accept me...ow!" He yelped after feeling his carer whack his arm away from his neck.

"Not with that posture they won't!" She joked, making them both laugh before she continued.

"...they will love you, I promise" she reassured. Sighing in relief, her words had definitely helped Jimin to let his nerves go down a little.

"...thank you so much for staying with me through all of this... I know how dangerous it can be" he apologised, reminding himself of the times he had lost control of his powers back when he used to live with them.

"...I hoped I have made your mother proud... even though I may not be your real mother, I hope I could help fill the void a little" tears threatened to fall from the male's eyes before he wrapped his arms around the woman.

"...you filled my void until it overflowed... thank you...so much" the sight of the two had made your heart ache from the love. It had made you miss your parents.

You looked momentarily to wipe away the stray tears that escaped before looking back and sniffing slightly.

"...let's go out there and show them how much of an amazing person you are" Mrs. Chae too had tears in her eyes as she moved back from the hug.

Jimin nodded before letting go of the elder and looking over at you. His mouth fell agape slightly from your tear stained face and he had really wanted to run over and hug you but he knew he couldn't with Mrs. Chae being around.

"...let's go, Miss L/N" you sent a solemn lopsided smile his way.

"...let's go, Mr. President"

_______________________________________

A/n: le cri;-;