49

"I'm weak
And what's wrong with that?"

- AJR

_______________________________________

Jimin sighed as his eyes searched the starry night sky above him

He was searching for the moon that was usually visible during this time but not tonight unfortunately.

The lightning hero was sitting outside on the stairs leading to the back yard of the mansion.

He wanted to get some alone time while he sorted out his thoughts. Thoughts about how Taehyung knew about his identity and why he had stabbed himself instead of him.

Taehyung's words were still fresh in his mind.

He had just hoped that the blue haired hero would wake up feeling better and really talk to him this time.

Suddenly, something cold had touched his cheek, making Jimin jump slightly and spark up his body just incase if it was a villain.

Looking up, he had realised that it was of no threat as Namjoon smiled apologetically towards the younger for surprising him with a cold canned beer.

"Sorry, just thought maybe you wanted something cold while it's hot out" Jimin smiled warmly as he watched the older sit beside him on the stairs before passing over the drink.

"...are we allowed to drink? Aren't we on duty?" He asked while watching the blonde opening the can with ease and taking a swig.

"I won't tell if you won't" Namjoon responded with a knowing glint in his eyes.

They both chuckled after a moment of silence before Jimin also opened his can to drink.

"Plus, I think we both deserve to try and drink our thoughts away" this intrigued the silver haired hero.

"What thoughts are you trying to get rid of?" The older paused for a second before smiling sadly. The memory of Kangjoon clarifying that Mrs Chae was none other than his mother appeared in his mind.

"...nothing compared to your thoughts, I'm sure" and that's when Jimin looked away in guilt, unsure if he should tell the other elemental about his secret.

"...so... you're the late-President's son... it actually kind of makes sense now" the younger looked up in shock once he heard the other speak about it so casually.

"You're not...angry?" Namjoon chuckled.

"Why would I be angry? We all have our secrets and it's our choice to reveal them or not" he replied before taking another swig.

The Eros Protector looked down while biting his lip.

"...I wanted to tell you guys... but at the same time, I didn't want you all to think of me differently or treat me like I'm higher than you like normal people would"

"I don't know if you know us, but we're not exactly your typical group of normal people" he wasn't wrong, the group was filled with weird and strange people who had their own problems to deal with.

They were heroes who saved the country.

But they were heroes who needed saving too.

Jimin chuckled at this.

"You're right... I should have told you guys..."

"...no, you shouldn't have to do anything... remember that, okay?" The two stayed quiet for a little while, taking in their surroundings as they drank away at their beers.

"...five years ago, my father died... and to the country, so did I" Namjoon stopped drinking as he looked over to the person beside him.

"...I was on my way to my father's funeral until the plane I was in was hit by lightning... with no forecasts of it even raining that day... thankfully, Mrs. Chae was with me along with Mr. Chae and she sensed that there was danger so we managed to escape... well, I was the one who was able to save everyone... I took the lightning head on, I felt like I could knock it back... instead, I was the conductor and thankfully everyone was okay...

they took me to stay with them in secret since we knew that there were people out to get me... I was in a dark place at that time... I had no parents... people wanted me dead...

I couldn't even attend my father's funeral... my emotions that I usually hid from everyone burst out that night and that's when my powers came out... Mrs. Chae said that she had never seen such power before, especially black lightning... a few days went by, Kangjoon had saw me in his dreams and he came over to tell me that he would help me... he would help take care of me and make the country grow to like me for who I am...

so, he asked Mr. and Mrs. Chae to help me get used to my powers for five years before sending me off to Eros... and here I am" Namjoon was taken aback at his past. He would never have thought Jimin had gone through this since he was so bubbly and friendly. His respect for him grew even more.

"...you went through a lot to get here, huh..." Jimin smiled sadly before sighing. He had indeed been through hell and back to get where he was today.

"I did... but this is only the beginning" Namjoon raised his brows in confusion while watching the younger look up at the stars.

"Afterall,...

...I'm going to be President soon"

_______________________________________

A/n: excuse my French but oh mon dieu-