36

"Aren't you glad to meet me?
I mean
I really think you should be"

- Mickey Valen
_______________________________________

The constant sighs coming from a specific ice hero was what could be heard from the meeting room.

The windows were shut but the curtains were opened to let the evening sun to shine through and allow some light for the hero to see.

Namjoon was currently looking through the list of villains and their weaknesses, trying to remember them for their next fight.

However, the constant reminded that you were still stuck in the enemy's base with that dangerous man worried him. It made it difficult for him to focus.

Leaning back in his chair, Namjoon rubbed his face to get rid of the stress that never left him.

Being a leader of one of the best hero groups in the world would obviously come with responsibilities and a reputation to live up to.

He couldn't disappoint the country.

He couldn't disappoint his team mates.

He couldn't disappoint himself.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knocking at the glass door which made him look down to see the famous retired hero walking in while holding a tray of food.

"Miss Danger..."

"Hello, Namjoon. The others were eating dinner and wanted to bring you some food while you worked. I didn't want them to stop eating so I volunteered to bring this up" Mrs Chae smiled softly before placing the tray of delicious food down and sitting across the tired hero.

"Thankyou... I should be taking a break right about now" the Protector bowed in thanks to show his gratitude before sliding the tray over to him and began eating.

The woman looked at the younger with softened eyes as she watched him eat.

Namjoon was no fool and could tell that the other was staring at him.

"...do I have something on my face?" He asked after swallowing his spaghetti, making Miss Danger chuckle.

"No, not at all. Sorry, am I making you feel uncomfortable?" The hero didn't want to be rude but he did find her stares to be uncomfortable.

"I apologise... it's just... you have the same name as someone that I used to know" tilting his head, Namjoon urged the woman to explain.

"...I don't think I should be telling you this but I feel like I can trust you... many years ago, while I was a super hero, Mr. Chae and I fell in love and we had a child together... the law about having children and being a hero was fairly new and we decided to keep the child. We tried to keep him a secret for a few years, sending him to daycare while we worked and saved the country... but, the council found another hero who had a child of her own and was looking after them secretly, just like us, and they took away the child... I didn't want that to happen to us- to our child so we gave him to an orphanage until the council would become less suspicious... a few months later, we came back to get our child but... the orphanage said that he had died from the cold... it was all my fault..." throughout the story, Namjoon could feel his eyes widening ever so slightly, joining the dots together in his mind but at the same time not wanting to believe what he was hearing.

"...I can remember his cute little smile when I would pick him up from daycare... the cries he let out when we would have to leave him in the mornings... the giggles from when my husband would play with him... I am truly thankful to Jimin, for without him, I may have lost my mind..." Miss Chae averted her eyes as she remembered all the memories of her son before she left him.

Namjoon, however, was having a mental break down.

He didn't want to believe it.

But, there was too many facts for him to have to believe it.

"...I'd like to imagine that my son would have turned out like Jimin... sweet and caring... but even so, I see him as my son, too" suddenly, Namjoon stood up abruptly, scaring the woman slightly.

"...I... need to go... and see the president" and just like that, the ice user left with one thing in his mind.

And that was to get answers.

_______________________________________

A/n: 😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯😯