94

SELFLESSNESS
_______________________________________

The ball of darkness continued to zoom in the air and finally land right in front of Phantom who stood inbetween the masked siblings.

The sudden collision made a disturbance within the area as the wind followed after Jimin.

Haru instantly stepped forward to shield her leader while eyeing the black sparks that continued to jump off the president's body.

His eyes glared daggers at Phantom, memories of what he had done to Mrs. Chae filling his mind.

"...it was you... you killed Mrs. Chae... right, James?" Phantom was taken aback at how the lightning user knew his name. However, something in the back of his mind didn't stop him from thinking that he had heard this voice before.

"...no... you can't be... you're supposed to be dead!" James yelled, getting instant flashbacks of how he had changed the pilot's memories to alter their flight course and to jump off the jet once he did.

"I'm not supposed to be anything! I decide that!" Jimin bellowed before throwing a black lightning bolt with his hand towards Phantom but Haru was quick to move him out of the way.

There was a scorch mark at where Phantom once stood and he knew that he wasn't dealing with some amateur.

"...I should have killed you with my bare hands. You were a weakling back then" he taunted, hating the fact that his plan to kill him didn't work.

Jimin's jaw tightened as he continued on.

"...you were the one who killed my father...right?" He asked menacingly.

Hyungwon, who was standing beside Phantom, stepped back nervously, not wanting to get involved with such a dangerous duo.

James chuckled darkly.

"...yes, I did... I should have done it sooner!" And just like that, Jimin raised his hand to throw another bolt at Haru this time. Her speed was no match against his black lightning and thus she was knocked back, hitting the side of a building before laying unconscious on the ground.

"Bom!" The curly haired male was about to run after his sister when Phantom grabbed him and pushed him in front. The second lightning bolt coming from Jimin was initially aimed at James but now that Hyungwon was in the way, he was hit instead.

"AHHHHHH!" the electric current surged through him but it didn't stay for long as a black hole opened up on his stomach to suck the lighting in.

The president stepped back in shock, wondering what powers did the male possess to be able to suck it in like that.

"You stay with me" James threatened while taking out a knife from his pocket to place it under Hyungwon's chin.

The poor boy held his breath in fear, scared that he might die.

"How could you kill my father?! How could you kill Mrs. Chae?! Have you no heart?!" The ex-hero's heart ached once he knew that the boy he grew up with was the murderer.

"You think I wanted to?! I was forced to! Mr. Seo held me by the neck throughout all of it all because of his selfish desires- all of you are the same!"

Mr. Seo was involved?!, Jimin thought after processing his words.

"He made me poison your father everytime we had a meal with him and everytime he found out, I erased his memories... I was doing his dirty work so that his hands don't get stained by blood!" James bellowed, his past resurfacing as he explained why he was the way he was.

"...I was finally set free. I could finally live my life but they couldn't let me be happy so they sent someone to kill me! I didn't choose this life! But I'm sure as hell going to decide how I'm going to end it!" His voice resonated around him as well as Hyungwon's shaky breaths.

Jimin stayed silent as he took in the other's words before finally speaking up.

"...no, you're the one who makes the choices. No one else. You're in charge of your decisions and you listened to Mr. Seo because it was the easy way out... you didn't even try!" Once again, Jimin threw another bolt but Hyungwon had opened up the black hole to suck it in once again.

"Who are you to say that?! You lived a life of no worries, you wouldn't believe the life I lived!" James was very much jealous of the lightning user's life. It was so different compared to his.

Before Jimin could retaliate, another voice spoke up.

"James!" Both of them turned their heads to the voice only to see an out if breath person who looked to have ran all the way here.

"Kangjoon?!" The both exclaimed.

_______________________________________

A/n: the trio are back together in one place...