46

"Luck is a 4-letter word
Totally, completely absurd"

- Madilyn

_______________________________________

--------------------3 weeks ago-------------------

"Damn it! Why can't I find it!" You heard a voice call out in anger before hearing a flock of birds fly off from the sudden sound.

Standing on the porch of the condo, you looked over at the size shifter with a quizzical look as he lifted weights on the training grounds.

You could tell that he had been there for awhile by the amount of sweat he was covered in.

Finishing off your water, you placed the cup down and walked over to see what was wrong. It was very early in the morning and everyone else was most likely asleep. However, your thoughts were very busy from last night's occurrences in Jin's room.

You shook your head of the thoughts while you blushed before slowing down to a stop in front of a shirtless Taehyung.

Once your shadow blocked the sun from hitting his face, he looked up to see who was the cause and saw your gentle expression.

"How about a break?" You suggested before bending down to grab his water bottle and passing it over to him.

Sighing in defeat, the younger accepted your suggestion as he placed the weights down on the bar and sat up before taking the bottle.

"Thanks..." watching him drink his entire bottle, you couldn't help but let your eyes wander down to his exposed upper body.

Usually, you wouldn't be fazed by handsome males showing their toned chests but he was an exception.

The reason was because of the many scars he had on his body.

You had never seen anything like it before.

The heroes you had trained in the past did have scars as well from their missions and whatnot but, not to the extent of the blue haired male.

The other noticed your stares on him.

"...I got these when I was in my neighbourhood gang" you were shocked to see hear his words of explanation but continued to stay silent.

"...It may look like I have a lot of scars... but its nothing compared to those who went against the gang...who went against Boss..." the image of the jars filled with decapitated heads filled his mind and he immediately grimaced.

Bringing your hands together, you fiddled with your fingers nervously while you processed his words.

"...you must regret it if you still think about those people" Taehyung whipped his head over at you in surprise.

Slowly, you reached over to his shoulder where one large scar was located and you grazed your thumb over it.

By the shape of it and from your experience of seeing many heroes, you could tell that it was a stab wound.

The younger shivered ever so slightly at your touch but didn't reject it as he watched your hand trail one of his many scars.

"...scars are memories... and they remind us that we're healing" you whispered out, before removing your hand.

However, your hand was held back by Taehyung's as he grabbed it softly, making you taken aback by his gesture.

His hands were rough against yours and it only added to the small list of things you knew about the other.

"...do you have any scars?" Your mind went blank all of a sudden since you had never been asked that by anyone in your life.

"...nothing compared to yours, I'm sure"

"I still want to know...

...about those scars that hold your memories"

_______________________________________

A/n: why did I make Tae have such a dark past ;-;