77

"I wish that I could turn my heart into stone
So I don't have to feel what I feel when I'm alone"

- BOY IN SPACE
_______________________________________

A few days had passed and it was already the day before the public announcement.

Many things had happened over these few days- let's just say that being surrounded by all these handsome men was definitely not good for your poor heart.

Sadly, you had yet to see neither Jimin or Taehyung. You knew where the silver haired male was; studying away still with Mrs. Chae. However, you had no clue where the ex-villain had run off to and neither did the others.

According to Kangjoon, he had allowed him to leave the premises for personal reasons and he had told everyone not to worry.

"Still no danger?" Namjoon asked for the millionth time that day.

Mrs. Chae sighed before shaking her head no. The woman had decided to join the heroes for lunch as Jimin was busy getting his suit measured and tailored for tomorrow.

"Namjoon, just stop asking already. If there's danger, Mrs. Chae will tell us, right?" Jungkook said before turning his head towards the woman across from him. After a moment of hesitation, Miss Danger nodded her head yes, not wanting to use her voice which may waver.

"Look, even if there was danger, we'll be there too" Yoongi reassured while eating away at his spaghetti. Even though they weren't allowed back stage, they were given permission to attend and even be extra security for the announcement.

"And so will the other heroes from the companies" Jin added before drinking his glass of water. Heroes were also allowed to come but only if they weren't on duty or if they were asked to help with security.

"Not to mention Y/N being on our side now!" Hoseok reminded everyone, even you. With your help, there would definitely be a higher chance of warning off any unwanted villains.

"...I still can't accept that Jimin is going to be the President of the Hero council... I mean, how can he just not want to be a hero anymore?" Jungkook asked aloud after dropping his cutlery in annoyance. The others had finally come to terms with it after a few days of not seeing the lightning user anymore. They learned to move on because what matters the most is Jimin's happiness.

"Well, you're going to have to accept it. It's his choice-"

"Don't you think I already know?!" The copy hero interupted Jin, shocking him slightly.

"I know it was his decision but maybe what he wants isn't genuine- or maybe he's confused!"

"Stop it! You out of everyone here should know what he's going through!" Namjoon wasn't wrong, Jungkook had also lost his father when he was young and he too had to fulfil his own wishes for his father.

The brunette looked down in guilt. Perhaps Jimin did know what he wanted.

"...you're right... I guess I would have my priorities straight by now, too..." he sulked. Myunghee placed her hand on his shoulder, soothing his worries away as best as she could.

It was strange. You couldn't imagine seeing the Eros trainer and Zeus hero tolerate one another but, here they were. It reminded you of how much everyone had changed during this year.

Which was only a given since many new things had happened in order for them to change.

Jungkook and Seonghwa finally putting aside their differences and now becoming family.

Taehyung coming from the bad side and joining everyone as a hero. Even though he had bad intentions, his heart pulled through and now he was in the right mind state.

Jin could finally start to trust people and he could stand up to his parents after all these years. Not only that, but he had met mother nature.

Yoongi had came to accept that revenge was not the way to avenge his sister. He realised that he should use her powers that had been passed down to him in a way to show people that psychic users aren't all that bad afterall.

Hoseok realised that he was more than just his powers and that he was the one who had control over his own happiness. He would still be everyone's lucky charm but, he could be his own lucky charm too.

Namjoon was no longer the cold hearted ice king that everyone would refer him as. He had also came to terms with not finding his parents anymore which had surprised everyone but they were happy for him nonetheless.

Jimin has probably changed the most out of everyone. Going from a shy new recruit to becoming the next President of the hero council.

However, even though all these changes were big and eye opening, it wouldn't have been possible without having each other to help them change.

Just like Jaeho had said five months ago, you help people take the next step without having to worry if they fall.

However, Jaeho could have added that it was okay to stumble, as long as they can get back up.

"Y/N? You okay there?" Myunghee asked from across the table.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I was just wondering if I should eat my dessert first or not" you replied after thinking of an excuse.

Almost instantly, the others looked over and prepared to explain once again which you should eat first.

"Here we go again..." you chuckled.

_______________________________________

A/n: damn, character development is my weakness ;-;