15

"I love the smell of gasoline
I light the match to taste the heat"

- Sam Tinnesz

_______________________________________

"...you seem a lot better from yesterday..." Hyungwon pointed out as you ate with gusto. You sent a quirked brow his way, unsure of what he was talking about as you ate on your bed with the food tray on your lap.

The food wasn't great but at least it was healthy. Vegetable soup along with freshly made bread and for dessert, pears.

You had wondered where they had got all of this from since they weren't anywhere near cities. Perhaps they grew the vegetables and baked in this place.

"What are you talking about? I'm the same as before... but I do feel a little better for some reason" after your discussion with Jay yesterday, you had felt like a weight had been lifted off of your shoulders.

"...so does that mean you want to stay with us now?!" The younger exclaimed with glee. You sighed at this.

"No, Won... I need to convince Jay to stop what he's doing and if he surrenders, then I'm sure the hero council will let him come back" you explained before taking a bite of your pear.

You watched as the curly haired villain but his lip anxiously before speaking up.

"...I don't think Phantom wants to come back... he wants to take over" frowning at this, you were about to press him on further until he suddenly stood up, startling you in the process.

"You finished? Let's go to your initiation ceremony!" The younger grabbed your hand, making you stand up and follow after him while you tried to take his words in to account.

Initiation... ceremony?

"Won! Stop running! What ceremony?!" You yanked your arm back, making the both of you stop in the middle of the hallway.

"Your ceremony, duh! Phantom has called everyone up to finally introduce you to them! Isn't that exciting?!"

No?!

Before you could utter a word of retaliation, you felt the floor beneath you become almost translucent and your feet began sinking slowly.

"W-Won! What's going- ON!" it was too late for you had fallen through the blue portal already, flying through space and time as you tried not to lose consciousness right there and then.

Thankfully, the blue blur and flashes of white light stopped as you finally landed on something and returning back to the real world.

Your eyes were shut tight from fear and your sobs were muffled by...a chest?

Hesitantly, you opened your eyes to see a black shirt and soon, they trailed upwards to be met with another pair of eyes.

"...Y-Yoongi?" He looked a little uncomfortable as he held you bridal style, knowing that you two weren't on amazing terms at the moment.

"...Phantom has told me to inform you of what's going to happen in the ceremony..." he placed you down awkwardly and he made sure not to make eye contact with you.

"I'll be off then" the new voice made you jump, stretching your neck to see who it was only to see a male in his mid thirties with a funky moustache, making his leave and a woman you knew all too well stood there with her arms crossed.

"You two better not be getting too comfortable around each other, especially if Phantom is around" Haru spat out before going through another door.

That's when you realised that you were in a unfamiliar office room.

You were unsure if you were still inside your part of the building or maybe it was Jay's quarters?

"Hey, Princess! Over here!" The speed villain mocked from the inside of the other room.

Confused, you looked back at the mind controller to ask whether you should follow her or not.

"...go with her. You need to get dressed"

"Dressed? For what?" Guilt over washed him and before he could do something he would regret, he left the abandoned office and headed out the same way as the portal villain from before did.

Slumping your shoulders, you had the urge to run after him and talk to him once more but the sound of Haru's irritated voice stopped you.

"Are you coming or what?!" You pursed your lips into a straight line before obeying the woman's orders and trudging in to the next room.

The room was very similar to the one before except there was a clothes rack with many old fashioned garments hanging on them.

Haru stood next to them with her arms crossed and bored look etched on her face.

"...what are these?" The other rolled her eyes.

"Phantom wants you to pick from these to wear at your ceremony. You better pick a good one since it was so hard for me to steal these"

The dresses looked extremely similar to wedding dresses... which only worried you.

"I-I don't understand... why do I need to wear these? And I don't need a ceremony" you stammered whilst failing to show your confidence.

"Why are you asking me? It's Phantom's orders, not mine" the woman was becoming impatient with your ever growing questions and she just wanted to get back to her brother where she can protect him instead of becoming your personal assistant.

"...I don't want to wear them" you whispered.

"...what? You don't want to? Tch, you think I care? You can do whatever you want, just know that Phantom will not be happy" and with that, Haru sped out of the room, not wanting to deal with you any longer.

Standing there in a sea of questions, you wondered why Jay would want you to wear such clothes. With that in mind, you also questioned on the ceremony at hand, scaring you at what it will have in stall for you.

One of the dresses had caught your eye.

It looked very familiar.

_______________________________________

A/n: ...oh no?