EPILOGUE: Taehyung

"Don't be trapped in someone else's dream"

- Kim Taehyung

_______________________________________

-------------------4 years later--------------------

"...this is where you used to live?" You asked while walking down the pavement of a quiet neighbourhood.

The way that Taehyung described it, you thought it would have poor conditions and filled with villains and gangs

Instead, the houses look well renovated and children were playing out on their bikes with the sun finally setting.

"Yeah... it's a lot different from when I used to live here" even though the place was completely different, he could make his way round no problem.

"Isn't that President Kim?"

"Hey, Mr. Kim!" The children waved as they cycled by, making the male smile and he waved back.

It had been two years since Taehyung was elected president. Jimin thought it was only fair for him to become the president instead for what he had done to his family all those years ago.

The size shifter did think it was a good idea, wanting to help fix the country to what he deemed better.

However, the thought of doing it alone and taking the role away from Jimin who worked hard to get to where he was.

So, they agreed to work together as partnered presidents and heroes.

"You sure you don't need me to ask someone for their address?" You offered, seeing that the younger had yet checked his phone to know where he was going.

"We're here" suddenly, the both of you came to a stop and saw that the house you stood in front looked very homely.

"Is this the place?" You asked. He nodded slowly, taking in a deep shaky breath.

Frowning, you reached over to his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"You got this" you stated, making him look at you with such love as he felt calm be your words.

"If not..." reaching up, you pecked his lips quickly before going back down.

"We can always try another day" he raised a brow at your affection.

"You call that a kiss?" He smirked before pulling you closer to him and enveloping your mouth in his.

Instantly, you were shocked at his sudden gesture and you were worried if anyone was to look and see that the President was kissing you.

Before you could do anything, you felt his tongue push past your lips, making you gasp mentally.

He tried his best to taste you as you kissed back, not caring if anyone were to walk past and see you two.

Sorry kids, but either enjoy the show or cover your eyes.

After what felt like forever, you finally parted, out of breath from the intense kiss.

"That's *pant* how you kiss someone" Taehyung teased before kissing you one last time and walking off towards the house in front of you.

Reaching up to your swollen lips, you still felt the familiar sensation that you loved so much while watching the younger make it to the door.

Shaking your head to get rid of the thoughts, you remembered why you came along with the President as he shakily knocked on the door.

He waited.
And waited.

But nothing.

Sighing to himself, Taehyung looked back at you with the look of defeat and you in turn sighed with him. Just as he was about to walk off, the door opened up behind him.

Stopping in his tracks, the hero turned around to see the two people who he had yet to see for five years.

"...Taehyung?" The middle aged man asked, unsure if he was dreaming or not.

"...hey, Mother...Hey Father" the both of them stared in shock at the male in front of them.

Their eyes couldn't process what they were seeing.

Taehyung thought they were going to cry but no, he felt a harsh hit on the top of his head.

"Ow!"

"You idiot! You left without saying goodbye or anything! You even ran away without your boxers!" His mother yelled as she continued to hit him.

"Ow! What- ow! Stop hitting me! Ow! My girlfriend is watching!"

"I hope she hears me as well! Did you even wash your clothes?!" Just as he expected to get hit again, he didn't feel the harsh hit and instead, warm arms wrapped around him.

"...at least you look healthy" Mrs. Kim sobbed out. Realising what she had said, Taehyung's lips trembled and he hugged her back, missing the feeling of having a mother.

"... thank you for clearing my name" Mr. Kim too became teary eyed. He knew from the very beginning that his son had ran away to clean their family name and to bring justice.

And that he did.

You couldn't help but feel tears prick your eyes as you stared at the wailing family in front of you.

_______________________________________

A/n: 🥺🥺👏👏