Chapter Ten: Unexpected Consequences

Sophia pursed her lips pulling up outside of Jacob's house, she had told Charlie that she was taking some of her famous spiced lamb stew with walnuts and pomegranate to Billy since she knew that he had been wanting to try some.

It had all been a little lie since Sophia had needed the address and someone to watch Mia, she didn't want to bring her daughter down here while she shouted at Jacob; she had actually brought her stew to make the lie believable.

Sophia smiled climbing out of her blue Nissan Micra and smoothed out the navy slash neck knitted dress with belt that she was wearing; the blonde had paired the dress with brown leather calf high boots since they were going out to dinner when she got back.

Sophia shouldered her black shoulder bag with fringing before she moved to collect the plastic food container that had the stew inside; she had to remember that she was doing this for Bella.

Sophia looked at the house as she closed the door to her car, she made sure it was locked before she plastered an innocent smile on her face knowing that Billy was expecting her.

Heading up to the door, Sophia tried to remain calm as she recalled the elocution lessons that her mother had forced her to take when she was a little girl.

It had often made her wonder how her mother was related to Charlie, since the two of them were very different people; her uncle was quiet, shy and laid back while her mother was very prim and proper.

However Sophia guessed that it had something to do with the fact that she had trained herself for nearly twenty years to fit into her father's social circle to be accepted.

"Hi Billy," Sophia greeted politely as Billy opened the door to her, she has a soft smile on her face that was often saved for when she had to attend her mother's charity events.

***

"What are you doing here?" Jacob snapped walking into the kitchen of his home and saw Sophia sat down talking to his father at the breakfast table; the air was filled with a delicious smell that made his stomach grumble.

Sophia looked at Jacob glad that she had waited around, she knew that he wouldn't have expected her to come and see him; especially after what had happened with Bella.

"I came to drop off some of my famous stew," Sophia replied as if it was obvious, she looked at Jacob a little surprised at how much he had changed in the week since she had last seen him.

This wasn't the boy that Bella had introduced her to and she wondered what had caused him to make such a change; she kind of liked the new Jacob, he was a lot hotter than the last one.

Jacob frowned staring at Sophia, Bella would have told her about what had happened and he didn't trust that Sophia was only here about the stew; he wondered for a moment if Bella had sent her to make him feel bad.

"I better be heading back," Sophia mused carefully getting to her feet and moved to collect her bag, she glanced at Jacob knowing he would follow her out. Sophia turned her attention to Billy knowing that he had no idea that she wasn't here to see him.

"It was nice to meet you," Sophia said smiling politely at her uncle's best friend, she would have to head back so that her uncle didn't get suspicious and she didn't want any trouble.

Billy smiled at Sophia, he had to admit that while he liked Bella because she was Charlie's daughter; he had to prefer the blonde because she seemed to have a more sensible head on her shoulders.

"I'll walk you out," Jacob muttered knowing that he was going to have to warn Sophia to stay away, he didn't want Bella using her cousin to speak to him.