Chapter Seventy-Two: Billy's Visit

Sophia frowned climbing out of her car, she looked at Billy confused about why he was sat outside of her home; she moved to collect Mia from her car seat while she wondered why Billy was here.

"Is everything okay?" Sophia asked balancing Mia on her hip, she shouldered her bag while closing the car door; she had no idea what Billy was doing sat outside of her home.

Sophia racked her brain trying to recall if she had forgotten something, she was sure she would have remembered Billy saying that he was coming to see her.

Billy nodded his head, he hadn't been waiting long and he was sure that everything was okay; he needed to speak to Paul having been told by Sam that his parents were causing issues.

Sophia moved to unlock the front door, she peeked at Billy curious about why he had come to see her; she had just gotten back from Emily's and she knew something was going on.

"I need to speak with Paul," Billy said watching Sophia with Mia, he knew that she would be curious but he needed to speak with Paul before he did anything else.

The last thing that the council needed was Daniel and Laura messing with the most volatile member of the pack and spreading false rumours about their son and his imprint.

"I think he's on patrol," Sophia replied looking at Billy, she hadn't seen Paul since he left that morning and he hadn't shown up at Emily's while she had been there.

Sophia moved to set Mia in her high-chair, she stuck the kettle on and looked at Billy; it was unusual for the council elder to make a home visit, she had a bad feeling about why that was.

Billy nodded his head, he smiled at Mia while Sophia moved about making him a cup of coffee; he wasn't going to leave until he had spoken to Paul about what he wanted to do.

"What's going on?" Sophia asked curiously handing Billy a cup of coffee, she leant against the counter sure that it couldn't be anything good; she wished that she didn't have to be kept in the dark about some things.

Billy looked at Sophia, he truly didn't understand what Daniel had against her; she was a wonderful girlfriend to Paul and he was surprised how focused the wolf was now.

"Something happened and I need to talk to Paul about it," Billy murmured simply, he sipped on the coffee while Sophia sighed and moved to get Mia one of her toys to entertain her; it was clear that she wasn't going to be getting any straight answers anytime soon.

"That reminds me... I have something for you," Billy mused with a smile when Sophia returned, he pulled out an envelope that he had been meaning to give her for the past week.

Sophia furrowed her brow as she carefully took the envelope from Billy, she looked at him curiously before she moved to open it; she gasped as she realised what he had given her.

"Welcome to the tribe," Billy congratulated with a smile, there had been no way that they could deny Sophia and Mia tribal status considering that Sophia was an imprint.

Paul would one day marry Sophia and their future children would be tribal members, it was a great way to tie the family down to the La Push community.

***

Paul ran a hand through his hair steeping into his home, he was tired but glad to be home after taking a long run to calm down; he didn't want Sophia or Mia seeing him upset.

Heading for the kitchen where he heard Sophia preparing dinner, Paul smiled a little glad that he had someone like her as his girlfriend; she made everything better when he was feeling down.

Paul stopped when he spotted Billy sat at the breakfast table, he didn't know why he was surprised to see him since Sam had said he would be calling Billy after what had happened.

"Feeling better?" Billy asked looking at Paul, he was a little surprised that it had taken him so long to run off steam after the ambush that his parents had set up for him.

Paul nodded his head before moving to greet Sophia, he kissed her softly hoping that Billy hadn't told her what had happened; he would do so when he was ready.

"Are you okay?" Sophia whispered quietly allowing Paul to hold her close for a moment, she closed her eyes wishing that she knew what was going on; she pulled back to look at Paul as he nodded his head.

Billy watched the couple, he was used to seeing displays of affection since Jacob and Fiona now lived with him; he adored having Austin around since he was now Billy's first grandchild.

"Can we talk in private Paul?" Billy asked needing to make sure that Paul knew what he planned to do about his interfering parents; they couldn't be allowed to think that they could mess with Paul's life.

Sophia looked at Billy, she didn't like that she was being shut out of this but she hoped that it wasn't anything serious; she brushed some hair from her face as Paul nodded his head.

Paul led Billy into the living room, leaving Sophia behind in the kitchen; she watched them go wondering what was going on, she hated being kept in the dark.

Sophia sighed and moved to check on the stir-fry that she was making, she looked at Mia sure that everything would be okay; she hoped that Paul would tell her what was going on after he had spoken with Billy.

***

"Dinner is ready," Sophia called moving to plate up, she peeked at the living room since it had been so quiet since Billy and Paul had gone inside; she had no idea what was going on.

Mia babbled happily watching her mother, Sophia had already given Mia her bottle and she was a little relieved that things had been so peaceful for a little while; it allowed her to focus.

"I'll let you know what happens," Billy said rolling out of the living room, he nodded at Sophia as Paul slowly followed them; they had reached an agreement and it hadn't been easy.

Sophia looked at Paul, he looked exhausted and she hated that she had no idea what was bothering him; she chewed on her lip moving to continue plating up dinner.

"Are you staying for dinner Billy?" Sophia asked peeking at the clock, it was getting late in the afternoon and there was more than enough food for a guest; Paul ate so much that Sophia always made extra just in case.

Billy shook his head, he was sure that Fiona would have dinner on the table when he got home; he had things to do and he was sure that everything would be fine.

"Afraid not Sophia... I have to get back home," Billy replied smiling and looking at Paul, he nodded at him and moved to leave with Paul showing the way out.

Sophia watched them leave and sighed, she chewed on her lip wondering just what had happened to cause Billy to come to their home; she was sure if it was a pack issue then Sam would deal with it.

Paul took a deep breath as he walked into the kitchen, he smiled wishing that they could just relax for the evening; he didn't want to think about his parents for the night.

Sophia stared at Paul, she wasn't going to be forgetting about what had happened this afternoon; she would wait for him to tell her about what had happened.