Chapter Twenty-Three: The Wolf Girls

"She is so cute," Kim Connweller said cuddling Mia, she grinned looking over at Sophia who was helping Emily make some lunch since the pack were on patrol right now. 

Bella snorted in disagreement sitting at the kitchen table, she had shown up with Jacob over an hour earlier and wasn't being much help; she clearly didn't want to be with the other women. 

Sophia rolled her eyes as she turned her attention back to kneading the dough that Emily was going to use to make some pies; she didn't know why Jacob had left Bella with them since Emily and Kim didn't seem to like her. 

"What do you need me to do after this Em?" Sophia asked looking at Emily, she wasn't going to be drawn into another fight with her cousin; she had said all that she had to say to Bella last night. 

Bella glared over at her cousin wondering when Emily and Kim would realise that Sophia wasn't the one that they should have been focusing on; the brunette was the one that had superior knowledge of the supernatural. 

"Could you just pop it into the tin? I'm nearly done with the filling," Emily asked smiling over at Sophia, who nodded her head as she moved to the tin that Emily was talking about. 

Kim watched the two were peacefully before she turned her attention back to Mia, she cooed at the baby knowing that she wouldn't be having any of her own for many years. 

Sophia carefully placed the pastry into the tin and quickly moved to make sure it looked over and was in the right place; she wiped her hands off with the excess flour before Emily approached her with the filling. 

"So will they be able to eat all of this?" Sophia asked glancing over at the other pies that they had made, there was an assortment of them and they had been working for most of the afternoon to get them finished.

Kim and Emily laughed softly and nodded their heads knowing that Sophia hadn't seen what their wolves were capable of eating. 

They both knew that Sophia wasn't aware that she was a part of the pack a lot more than her cousin would ever be; she had no idea that Paul had imprinted on her. 

"You really don't know much, do you?" Bella said smugly looking over at her cousin as Emily popped the pie into the oven to cook so it would be ready for when the pack returned. 

Kim paused watching at Sophia who was glaring at Bella, she really didn't want to get involved with an argument but she didn't want Bella around her. 

"And neither do you, aren't you the vampire girl?" Sophia snapped as she looked at the brunette, she wasn't in the mood for Bella talking down to her. 

Bella knew nothing of the pack and was only here because she had guessed what they were, she needed the pack's protection and Jacob seemed oddly attached to her. 

Bella pursed her lips as she looked at her cousin, she huffed turning away from Sophia and started to mess with her phone; she couldn't wait for Jacob to arrive so that everyone would be nice to her again. 

Emily grinned sharing a look with Kim as she set the timer for the pie to cook, she had expected that Sophia would be a spit-fire especially if the Quileute ancestors had decided that she was to be Paul's imprint.

***

"We're back," Jared called walking into Emily's home with a smile on his face as he hurried over to his imprint and pulled her into his arms. 

Sophia smiled softly as she held Mia, she was happy that Kim had someone like that in her life; the blonde couldn't help but be a little jealous of what Kim and Emily had. 

Bella quickly walked over to Jacob and talked to him quietly as she shot Sophia a glare, she wanted to get far away from Sophia as quickly as possible. 

Paul stepped into the house and smiled as his brown eyes quickly found Sophia and Mia, he walked towards them ignoring Jacob and Bella as the brunette whispered about how she had been ignored by the other women in favor of her cousin. 

"What's so special about Sophia?" Bella muttered annoyed crossing her arms and huffed, she looked over at her cousin knowing that she was the one that the pack seemed interested in. 

Bella had been the main focus of the Cullen family and they had always saw her as one of their own; however the pack just didn't seem to see it like that even if Jacob did. 

"She's one of the wolf girls," Embry replied without thinking as he helped himself to some pie, he paused as he realised what he had said and how suddenly silent the room had gotten.

Paul glared at Embry knowing that he hadn't told Sophia about the imprint yet and he certainly didn't want Bella knowing about it. 

Sophia raised an eyebrow at Embry wondering what he was talking about, she glanced up at Paul who seemed unpleased that his pack brother had let slip something important. 

"I mean... she is friends with Paul, Jared, Sam and myself," Embry said trying to cover up his slip up, he looked apologetically at Paul knowing that he had really made a mess of that. 

Sophia didn't seem to have believed Embry's poor cover-up, she eyed Paul wondering what she was missing as Bella snorted and signalled for Jacob to follow after her. 

"Good riddance," Emily muttered as Sam wrapped his arms around her, she was glad that Bella was gone since it meant that she didn't have to put up with the sulky teenager. 

Kim nodded her head in agreement, they had grown tired of Bella's mutterings and how she would make comments about Sophia and Mia; it had however been amusing to listen to some of the blonde's comebacks. 

"I don't know how Jake thinks the sun shines out of her backside, she like watching paint dry," Kim said with a roll of her eyes as she cuddled into Jared's arms; she looked at Sophia surprised at how different the two women were. 

Very different conditions had shaped the two to become very different people even if they were related by blood. 

Bella was certainly used to being the centre of attention and having everyone look up to her while Sophia was more independent and seemed more focused on helping others than herself.

"He'll get over it," Sophia said knowing that Jacob would one day grow bored of following her cousin around like a lost puppy. 

Bella was using him to distract herself from losing Edward and she was clearly growing quickly bored with Jacob; it worried Sophia just what her cousin would do next to distract herself. 

Emily nodded her head in agreement, she knew that Jacob hadn't imprinted on Bella but there was always going to be a chance that he would imprint one day. 

Something that the pack wished would happen sooner rather than later, they were all sick and tired of Jacob's thoughts about Bella; he couldn't see that the brunette didn't see him more than a friend. 

Sam looked over at Paul wondering when he would tell Sophia about their imprinting, it wasn't safe for her not to know right now with a vampire on the loose who was determined to kill her cousin and anyone that got in the way. 

"Can we talk privately?" Paul asked looking over at Sam for a moment, he knew that after Embry's slip up that there was no time like the present than to tell Sophia about their imprinting.