Chapter Fifty-Four: Pack Problems

Sophia chewed on her lip as she sorted through some files as she brushed some hair from her face, she was currently at work at the doctor's surgery in La Push where she did some receptionist work a couple of times a week.

Sue had been more than helpful at not only getting Sophia a small job down on the reservation but she had pulled some strings so that Fiona could not only attend La Push High but she could work weekends at the community centre.

"Everything okay Sophia?" Sue asked walking past the blonde, she was pleased that Sophia had taken well to her job even if it wasn't much; it made sure the blonde wasn't living just off the money her parents sent her.

Sophia nodded her head as she smiled at Sue, it had been two days since Fiona and Jason had learnt about the pack and everything had slowly settled down.

"Fine thanks Sue," Sophia replied moving to sit down and do some work on the computer, she smiled to herself pleased that her life was working out.

Most people from the reservation seemed to accept that Sophia and Fiona, it was a pleasant surprise at how welcoming most could be since they were dating tribal protectors.

Even if very few people knew that the Pack existed it seemed that they accepted the status quo on how things were done; it was only a couple of the high schoolers that had problems with two pale-faces working on the reservation.

"I heard that Bella's gone to visit her mother in Florida," Sue murmured leaning over the desk and smiled at Sophia, she knew Charlie was having a hard time with his daughter and she wished there was some way she could help.

Sue was just glad that she had raised her children so much better than Renee had clearly raised Bella; the girl didn't seem to know what she wanted.

"Is it wrong to hope she'll stay there," Sophia asked smiling at Sue, it was nice to have someone that she could turn to since her own mother wasn't around and Sue was more than willing to help with Mia.

Sue laughed softly and shook her head, Bella and Sophia were never going to get along and Charlie was a fool if he thought that it was ever going to change.

"From what Charlie told me... Cullen went with her, was your cousin dropped on her head as a child?" Sue asked remembering Charlie complain to Billy about his daughter's strange attachment to Edward.

Charlie was thrilled to hear that Jacob had moved on and found himself a nw girlfriend, he was a little disappointed that he had given up on Bella but he didn't blame him.

"More than likely," Sophia replied trying to recall her Aunt Renee, she hadn't seen the woman in years and knew how flakily the woman was.

Sophia's mother upon hearing that Renee had married for a second time had bet her husband that they would be divorced in a couple of years because of how unreliable Renee was.

***

Paul sighed settling Mia down for bed, he smiled softly at the little girl knowing that he was going to have to leave for patrol soon.

Victoria had been trying to get onto Quileute land recently and had even murdered several hikers on the wolves' territory; it was starting to cause great concern to the pack how far she would go to get to Bella, to hurt her.

"Sweet dreams," Paul whispered turning on Mia's cot mobile, he smiled softly watching her sleep for a moment before he left the nursery and closed the door behind him.

Paul headed downstairs and smiled as he spotted Sophia making some dinner, he knew that she had worked hard while he had been at school and he hated that he couldn't relax for a couple of hours with her.

"She's asleep," Paul said taking in the delicious smell of Sophia's meatball reginette; his stomach grumbled as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

Fiona was around at Jacob's house having dinner with him and Billy, she was over there nearly every night cooking them dinner and spending time with Billy.

"When do you have to leave?" Sophia asked turning to face her boyfriend, Leah was already out of the house and when Paul left she was going to be home alone.

"Soon," Paul said pressing a kiss to her lips, he knew that he didn't want to leave but it was the only way to protect her and Mia from Victoria; she often tried to get close to the house and he wasn't going to allow her to hurt either of them.

Sophia sighed nodding her head, she was going to save him some dinner since she knew that he'd be hungry when he came home from patrol.

"I'll stick some food in the microwave for you," Sophia said kissing him, he had to do his part for the pack but that didn't mean that she didn't miss him while he was gone.

Paul wrapped his arms around her and held her close as they kissed, he hated to leave her alone and he knew that it wasn't going to be easy until Victoria had been dealt with.

"Be careful," Sophia whispered when a howl sounded out, she pulled back from Paul knowing he had to leave; however she couldn't help but worry that something could happen to him.

***

Paul snarled pushing himself faster after Victoria, he wasn't going to allow her to get away this time; Jared was running just to his left as they hurried after the leech that had jumped onto La Push territory.

"She's not getting away this time," Paul said in his mind as his pack brothers closed in on them, they needed to stop Victoria since she was becoming a pest.

The Cullens hadn't had much luck in catching the red head and it was becoming clear that something had to be done about her; the pack were sure she was to blame for the murders in Seattle.

"Don't let her get away," Sam barked trying to grab Victoria, she swiftly dodged him as she turned and fled straight onto the Cullens territory.

The Cullens were waiting to catch her and the pack were forced to run along the treaty line, sooner or later that Victoria would flee straight back onto their side and then they would have here.

"Stick to the plan," Jacob said racing along the treaty line, they were determined to end this tonight and they weren't going to let this end any other way.

The Cullens were chasing Victoria and it was clear they had the same thoughts, this needed to end before it attracted more attention than it already had.

"Emmett no," Rosalie shouted as her husband moved to jump over the treaty line after Victoria as she fled back onto the pack's side; she knew that he would be killed by the wolves without another thought.

Emmett launched himself after Victoria as she jumped over the treaty line, he was quickly knocked back by Paul as the silver wolf tackled him back over to his side of the treaty line.

Paul snarled glaring at the Cullen that had dared to try and cross onto pack land, his mind forgetting to chase after Victoria as he focused on the Cullen that had nearly broken the treaty.

Victoria smirked glancing back at the two groups, who were completely distracted with each other now and not her; she had a feeling that this might come in handy.