Chapter Sixty-Five: Before the Battle

Sophia took a deep breath making sure that she had everything, she wouldn't be home until late that night and she wanted to have everything for Mia; they would be staying at Emily's until after the battle.

Sam had ordered all of the imprints to gather there since he was having Seth, Collin and Brady stay behind to protect them during the battle.

"Do you need any help?" Paul asked softly stepping into their bedroom, he watched Sophia knowing that this wasn't going to be easy; it was so early in the morning and he needed to leave once dropping her off at Emily's.

Sophia shook her head as she finished putting Sophia's things into the red stripe changing bag, she took a deep breath focusing on what she was doing.

Paul watched her, she was worried but he was sure that they would be okay; the battle wouldn't take long and Paul would be back before she knew it.

"Phia... it will be okay," Paul murmured walking over to his girlfriend, he hated that he had no way to ease her mind; he just hoped that being with the other imprints would ease her mind.

Paul wrapped his arms around her and gave Sophia a hug, she cuddled into his arms and he wished that he didn't have to leave her behind; he was doing all of this to make sure that she was safe.

"I hate this," Sophia whispered stepping back from him, she didn't want anything to happen to any of the pack; this was the Cullens problem and somehow everyone was being sucked in.

Paul nodded his head, he knew how she felt and he was sure that once this battle was over; they weren't going to have to deal with the Cullens again.

"It'll be okay... I will be home before you know it," Paul murmured taking Sophia's hand, he would do anything for her and it was the only reason he didn't mind working with the Cullens.

If Alice hadn't seen Sophia being killed by one of the newborns, then the pack wouldn't have been helping them; they would have only ensured that no one else had been hurt and that was it.

"I just have this bad feeling... promise me you'll be careful," Sophia said looking at Paul, she didn't know what it was but she had a horrible feeling that something would happen during the battle.

Paul nodded his head, he didn't know what was happening but he was sure that it was all in Sophia's head; the pack would be fine and they'd all come home in one piece.

"I swear to you, nothing is going to happen," Paul promised kissing Sophia, she was dressed in her floral print T-shirt and black straight leg jeans paired with her purple lace up pumps; she was ready to go and stay at Emily's in case anything did happen.

Sophia held onto Paul, she didn't know what it was but she knew he'd be okay; she just couldn't shake her bad feeling and she dreaded to think of any of the pack being killed.

***

Sophia balanced Mia on her hip as Paul opened the door to Emily's house, she stepped inside not even surprised that Kim and Fiona were already inside; they were now only waiting on Jason to arrive.

Sophia nodded at her two friends moving to pop Mia into the play-pen along with Austin, she smiled at the little boy as she settled her daughter down; Mia looked cute in her purple woven floral print top and leggings paired with pink leather ballet shoes.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Emily offered looking at Sophia, she moved nervously sure that everything would be okay; she didn't know what to do and she hadn't been able to sleep last night.

Sophia shook her head, she wasn't hungry and she doubted that she could stomach food with what was going to happen today; she watched Paul knowing that this was serious.

"How did you sleep?" Sophia murmured sitting down at the kitchen table next to Fiona, her friend looked exhausted and she doubted that any of them were truly prepared for what was going to happen.

Fiona shook her head watching Jacob as he spoke with Sam, any moment now they would leave and they didn't know when they would be back.

"I couldn't," Fiona muttered sipping on her coffee, she didn't mean to be snappy with Sophia; this wasn't her fault but everyone was on edge right now.

Sophia nodded her head, everyone was so on edge and it wouldn't calm down until everyone was home safe and sound; she didn't know what would happen later on but she was sure that they would get to that bridge when it came.

"We better be going," Sam announced softly, everyone turned to look at him knowing that this was it; they were off to battle and no one knew what was going to happen.

Paul moved over to Sophia and gave her a kiss, he held her for a moment as all the wolves prepared to leave.

Sophia closed her eyes, she clung to Paul as she tried not to cry, it wouldn't do any good and she didn't want to break down; she took a shaky breath before she let go of him.

"I love you," Sophia whispered giving Paul a kiss, she didn't know what was going to happen but she prayed that he would come back to her safely; she ignored the other goodbyes that were happening knowing that no one wanted this.

Paul held Sophia close, he wished that the Cullens had never run into Bella; they wouldn't have been forced to clean up their mess if Edward had been able to control himself.

"I love you too," Paul whispered back softly, he brushed some hair from her face; he didn't like the bad feeling that he had bubbling in his stomach but he had to do this.

Mia whimpered from the playpen making Paul smile, he moved to pick the little girl up and cuddled her close; he held her close as Mia started to cry.

Mia didn't know what was going on but she could see that everyone was sad, she whimpered as Paul held her before he handed her over to her mother.

"I see you both soon," Paul whispered as Jason watched the three from across the room with Leah, he felt his heart ache knowing he'd never share that bond with Mia that Paul had with her.

Paul spent most days with Sophia and Mia and had been around for months longer than he had; Jason smiled softly knowing that Paul was always going to be there for both of them.

Sophia watched Paul leave as she tried to comfort, she took a deep breath closing her as eyes praying that he would come home safe.

Paul meant so much to her and Sophia didn't want to think about what she would do if he didn't come back; she doubted she would stay in La Push if she lost him.

"So who wants some cookies?" Emily said trying to busy herself, she didn't want to think about what was going to happen; she was nervous and she feared for same Fiona swallowed peeking at Kim, they were all going to have to sit here and wait until their wolves came home.

Jason slipped away into the living room to watch some television to ease his mind, he didn't make a move to comfort his daughter as Sophia sat down with her.

"It'll be okay... they have to be," Fiona said trying to comfort Kim, she looked around the room as she wondered how long they would have to wait to hear about what happened.

Sophia pressed a kiss to the top of Mia's head, she couldn't help but worry about the pack and fear what could happen.