Chapter Thirteen: Confrontations

“Morning,” Sophia greeted smiling at Bella, she was sat on her laptop in the dining room and was doing an assignment for her GED; the blonde sipped on her coffee knowing that she didn’t have much planned for today.

Bella smiled at Sophia hurrying over to the fridge, she pulled out what she needed knowing that she had to get down to La Push and speak with Jacob.

“Any plans for today?” Sophia asked pausing her work and looked over at Bella, she tilted her head knowing that Bella was now on her spring break.

Sophia was actually looking forward to having someone that she could talk to while Charlie was at work; the blonde was growing lonely and she didn’t have a lot of people that she could speak with anymore.

“Just going down to La Push,” Bella said in a hurry, she wanted to be there early so that she didn’t have to worry about running into Sam’s gang; she really needed to talk to Jacob again.

Sophia nodded her head watching her cousin breeze out of the house, she furrowed her brow knowing that there had to be something going on.

“Bye Bella,” Sophia called as the door slammed shut, she rolled her eyes as she turned her attention to Mia who was sat in her baby bouncer chair; she shrugged her shoulders not knowing what had gotten into Bella.

Sophia stretched running her fingers through her hair before she moved to coo at Mia knowing that whatever it was Bella would tell her when she got back.

***

“What did you do?” Bella demanded charging towards Sam and his gang, her brown eyes containing the fury that she felt.

Bella had come to talk with Jacob after he had visited her last night, he had begged for her to remember what he had told her on the beach and she had.

“What did you do to him?” Bella snapped glaring at Sam, she didn’t know what he had done to her best friend but she wasn’t going to let them get away with whatever they had done.

Sam sighed knowing that he didn’t really need this right now, Bella was the least of the pack’s problems and she wasn’t really liked by the tribe for her decision to date a Cullen.

“He didn't want this,” Bella snapped furious that someone had turned her Jacob into a wolf, though she wasn’t quite sure if she believed that yet; she still need to talk to Jacob about what she had figured out.

Bella looked between the four men, she only recognised Sam and Embry and she wasn’t quite sure who the other two were.

“What we do? What did he do, hmm? What? Did he tell you?” Paul demanded stepping forward towards Bella, he didn’t like the leech-lover and he never would; his only concern lay with her cousin, his imprint.

Sam rested a hand on Paul’s shoulder in an attempt to calm his pack brother, Paul was hot headed and he doubted Sophia would warm to him if he hurt Bella.

“Nothing! He tells me nothing because he's scared of you,” Bella snapped moving closer to Paul to get in his face, she didn’t even seem to realise that she was picking her fight with the wrong wolf.

Paul started to laugh along with Jared and Embry, they all knew that Jacob wasn’t scared of them and it was only the alpha order that stopped him from yapping to Bella about his new status.

Bella stared at Paul furious at his decision to laugh at her before she slapped him across the face; she smirked staring back at Paul before Sam moved to try and grab a hold of his pack brother who had started to shake.

“Too late now,” Jared laughed knowing that Bella had no idea what she had done, he chuckled as he stepped back knowing that the leech-lover was in for it now.

Paul snarled furiously as he glared at Bella, he couldn’t believe that she thought it was okay too just slap people; she was nothing but a filthy leech-lover.

“Bella get back,” Sam ordered as he attempted to calm Paul, he cursed his friend’s inability to control his anger sometimes; Bella slowly started to back away as Paul threw her a dark look and started to breathe heavily.

Paul began to breathe deeply causing growls to escape his throat knowing he had to allow her to get a safe distance away; he doubted that Sophia would ever love him if he murdered her leech-loving cousin.

“Bella get back now. Get back,” Sam ordered wondering if Bella Swan truly had a death wish, she couldn’t be so stupid not to see that she needed to get away from Paul.

It was almost like his friend was having a very violent convulsion and it was clear that Bella wasn’t catching on that she was the one in danger.

Paul started to snarl like mad before his burst out of his natural human body and into the form of a dark silver wolf that was five-times larger than his human side.

Bella quickly started to walk backwards she had maybe bitten off more than she could chew; she swallowed as she heard a door slam behind her as she continued backwards.

“Bella,” Jacob called racing towards her, his brown eyes taken in the scene in horror; he couldn’t help but wonder what on earth she had been thinking about coming down like this to see him.

Bella quickly turned on her heel and ran back towards Jacob’s house, she couldn’t control the panic that filled her knowing that she certainly hadn’t been expecting that to happen.

“Run! Jake run,” Bella cried hurrying towards her best friend who continued to run towards her; she cursed sharply as she tripped and fell to the floor allowing Jacob to launch himself over her and change into his own russet wolf form.

Bella stared on in horror as the two wolves started fighting, she had never thought that she would see anything like this; she swallowed as Jacob’s wolf started to push Paul’s away from her and into the forest.

Sam sighed watching his two brothers knowing that they had done it now, they hadn’t wanted Bella to know about them; she wasn’t part of the tribe nor was she an imprint.

“Take Bella back to Emily's place,” Sam ordered Jared and Embry, this had complicated things and he hoped that Bella wouldn’t try to sway Sophia against Paul after what had happened.

Sam could only imagine that Bella would hold a grudge about this and try to turn Sophia against Paul, he knew that they couldn’t allow this to happen before Paul even had a chance.

Jared and Embry nodded their heads allowing Sam to jog into the forest to check on the other two; they knew that this was going to complicate things especially since Jacob was nuts about Bella.

“Guess the wolves out of the bag,” Embry joked walking over to where Bella remained sitting on the floor, he chuckled as he stared down at Bella; she really wasn’t prepared for what was going to happen now.

Paul had never been her number one fan and even less since he had imprinted on Sophia two days earlier; he was now completely focused on his imprint and protecting her from the leech that was causing so much trouble.

Bella opened and closed her mouth slightly as she tried to wrap her head around what she had just seen; she swallowed there was going to be consequences for what had happened and she hoped that the pack weren’t going to reject her.

“Come on Swan… we don’t have all day,” Jared muttered annoyed, he really didn’t want to be spending time for the leech-lover; he disliked her because she had charged into a situation that she really didn’t understand and now they would have to pay for it.