Chapter Fifty: Happy Birthday Sophia

"Happy birthday Sophia," Emily said rushing into the blonde's bedroom and woke her up, she ignored the annoyed look that Sophia gave her as she darted across the room to open the blinds. 

Today was Sophia's seventeenth birthday and Emily had organised a small party that evening to celebrate since the blonde would also be moving into her new home the next day. 

"Get dressed, I have so much planned," Emily insisted moving to collect Mia, she wanted Sophia dressed and ready before anything else; she had planned out everything for today perfectly. 

Sophia grumbled annoyed rolling over and sighed, she wasn't really expecting anything from her parents especially not a phone call today even if it was her birthday. 

Slowly climbing out of bed, Sophia brushed her fingers through her hair as she yawned; she still couldn't believe that it had been a year since she had fallen pregnant with Mia. 

It seemed sort of weird for Sophia to even consider all that had happened since her last birthday; her life had changed completely and she knew she wasn't going to change a thing. 

"Don't think too hard," Paul teased walking into the room and smiled at his girlfriend, he knew that he wanted to give her his gift in private. 

Paul had done a lot of thinking and he knew just what he wanted to give his girlfriend of four weeks. 

Sophia laughed softly and shook her head, she looked over at him surprised that he was actually wearing a shirt; it was a rare thing to see and she guessed it had been Emily's doing. 

"Happy Birthday," Paul said moving to kiss his girlfriend, he was glad that she hadn't had any plans with her family since Lorelei had a doctor's appointment and she wasn't really speaking to Charlie or Bella right now. 

Paul carefully pulled his gift out of his pocket, he had spent a lot of time making it so that it would be perfect for her. 

"You didn't have to get me anything," Sophia said shaking her head, she was just happy that she had Paul in her life; she didn't need anything off him to know how she felt. 

The blonde looked curiously as Paul produced the wide hand knitted cuff silver bracelet that he had made himself; it matched his wolf's colouring so everyone would know she was his. 

"Paul..." Sophia whispered looking at her boyfriend, she really wasn't sure what to make of this but it was incredibly sweet of him. 

Sophia watched her boyfriend shift nervously, she wasn't sure why but she knew that there was more to his gift then she realised. 

Sophia had been asking Sue and Emily a lot of questions about tribal traditions since she was now bound to Paul and he could never leave La Push. 

"It's a betrothal bracelet," Paul murmured carefully wondering how she would take this news, he had been working on it since he had imprinted on her and was nervous about how she would react to the tribe's version of a promise ring. 

Billy had been impressed when Paul had come to him and asked about making a betrothal bracelet for Sophia. 

Paul hadn't felt he could talk to his father about this since he had no idea that his son was a tribal protector, he just deemed his son a trouble-maker and nothing more. 

"You don't have to wear it..." Paul started knowing that they had only been together for four weeks but he knew that one day in the future that they would be getting married. 

Sophia smiled up at her boyfriend and pressed a kiss to his lips knowing that she would never take it off, she loved him more than anything.

***

Sophia spluttered as she spotted her uncle stepping into the house followed by an annoyed looking Bella, she really hadn't been expecting to see them even if it was her birthday. 

Sophia was dressed in a white grid print sleeveless shirt and slim boyfriend jeans with extreme rips paired with red pointed high heels. 

Emily had helped her pick it out for the party and it had certainly gone well with the betrothal bracelet that she was now wearing. 

A lot of the pack had grinned when they saw the bracelet and had congratulated the couple; while Kim and Emily had squealed in excitement before they explained to Fiona what it meant. 

"Uncle Charlie," Sophia greeted looking at Emily wondering what on earth was going on, she really hadn't been expecting this and she wasn't sure how everyone would feel about her cousin being here. 

Charlie cleared his throat nervously looking around the room, he knew he wasn't the best at this but she was his only niece and he had wanted to come and wish her a happy birthday. 

Mia squealed in excitement at the sight of her great-uncle, she was wearing a white and navy stripe denim dress and navy tights set and had somehow managed to stay clean thanks to Emily. 

Paul carefully took Mia in his arms as he glared at Bella, she wasn't ever going to be welcomed and it seemed her attention was already focused on Jacob who was sat talking with Fiona. 

"I wanted to come and wish you a happy birthday," Charlie murmured knowing that Bella was still sulking that Sophia had been able to move out and she hadn't. 

Bella had put up a large fight when she had discovered that Sophia would no longer be living at the house with Charlie and her; she wanted to move in with the Cullens but Charlie had refused. 

"Your parents sent this," Charlie said awkwardly producing a card that her mother had sent, he had been a little surprised when it arrived since he had mentioned to his sister that Sophia had moved out. 

Sophia nodded her head taking a shaky breath, she hated that everyone was trying to pretend that they weren't listening to what was going on. 

Bella frowned watching her Jacob talking to Fiona, she couldn't believe that he was interested in some teen mum over her; she was always going to be better for him. 

"Would you like to stay for the party?" Emily offered moving to stand beside Sophia, she might not like it but Charlie was the only member of family that the blonde really had. 

Mia was still only a baby and couldn't really enjoy her mother's birthday right now, she wouldn't understand what a birthday was since she was still too young. 

"We would like that," Charlie replied nodding at Emily, he was glad that Sophia had a group of decent friends unlike Bella who seemed far too involved with the Cullens to see the world around her. 

Sophia smiled at her uncle, she could see that there was something on Charlie's mind and she wondered what was bothering him; she had a feeling that it wasn't going to be good. 

"Is there room for one more?" said a voice as Charlie looked at Sophia nervously, he hadn't been sure how to tell her that someone had come to see her. 

Sophia seemed so happy with Paul that this was going to change a lot for everyone in this room especially Sophia and Mia; Charlie hadn't known what to do when the teenager had shown up. 

Jason Scott smiled as he stared at his ex-girlfriend, he knew that he had so much to catch up on in her life and the life of their infant daughter; he had come for one reason and one reason alone and he wasn't leaving without it. 

"Jason," Sophia breathed in utter shock as she stared at the man that had fathered her daughter, she had never thought that she would see him again. 

The room was silent as they all realised that this wasn't going to end well for someone in that room; they just hoped that it wasn't Paul.