Chapter Seventy-Five: Making Plans

"I've been thinking," Fiona announced walking into Emily's house carrying Austin, it had been pretty quiet recently and she was surprised that the Cullens hadn't brought more trouble to the area.

Emily and Sophia looked up from what they were doing, the two had been preparing lunch since the pack were currently running patrol, working or relaxing at home.

"That's a first," Sophia teased wiping the flour off her hands, she watched Fiona set Austin in the playpen with Mia; it was a week before Bella was due to marry Edward and she was avoiding heading up to Forks.

Sophia's parents had declined their invite instead sending Bella some expensive gift, that she wasn't ever going to need and that she didn't want.

"Since the whole vampire army thing has been dealt with... why don't us imprints head up to Seattle for the weekend and relax," Fiona suggested, things had been so tense recently and they all deserved a break and to have a bit of fun before things became crazy again.

Bella was set to be turned and everyone knew that when she did then they would all be forced to pretend for Charlie's sake that she had died; he would grieve and no one would be able to tell him the truth.

"Come on... when was the last time any of us had anytime to ourselves?" Fiona moaned, she wanted to do something nice and with Jacob busy with pack matters and business; she was a little bored stuck at home by herself.

Emily stared at Fiona, she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a weekend to herself without having to cook or worry about pack matters; they had been so busy recently that she'd barely had a moment to relax and enjoy herself.

"Exactly," Fiona continued taking the silence from the other two women as agreement, she had been talking with Billy when he had suggested that she and the other imprints take a break.

"What did you have in mind?" Sophia queried curiously, she doubted that it would be that simple but a weekend break to Seattle sounded wonderful; she couldn't remember the last time she'd had a holiday.

Fiona grinned moving forward, she could tell that the other two were interested and she was sure that Kim would come along; it would be a great break for the four of them.

"I was thinking we check into a nice hotel and just relax for a long weekend, you know before the wedding and all that kicks off," Fiona explained her plans, it wasn't much but they deserved a break; she was sure their boys would be able to handle four days by themselves.

Emily and Sophia thought for a moment, it seemed like a wonderful idea but they weren't sure that it would be possible on short notice.

"What about Mia and Austin?" Sophia asked knowing that the two infants couldn't just be abandoned for four days, she didn't want to leave her daughter alone without some proper care.

Emily nodded her head, she doubted that it would be much of a trip for the two young infants while Sophia and Fiona wouldn't get much of a break.

"Already taken care of... Jason and Leah have agreed to have them while we are gone," Fiona replied pleased that she had thought this through, she had gone to see the couple before she had come to see the others.

Leah had been invited on their girly trip but she had turned it down, she wasn't comfortable with the idea and was happy just to stay with Jason and watch Mia and Austin for them.

"What's going on?" Kim asked walking into the house, she had just come from her summer job and had come to Emily's for some lunch.

"We're taking a trip," Fiona informed her, she was so excited and she knew that they had to do this since they had been through a lot the past few months; the boys had their fishing trips and the girls needed something to do.

Kim blinked surprised, she looked at Emily and Sophia wondering if she had heard right; she liked the idea of going on a trip since she would be starting her Junior year of high school in September.

"We can go shopping, sight-seeing, the spa... anything we want," Fiona listed the activities that she had planned for them, she was so excited and they still needed to book the hotel for the trip and let their wolves know that they were going.

Emily laughed softly moving to pop the pies that she had made into the oven, Fiona was literally bouncing around her home and she doubted that the brunette would take no for an answer.

"I do still need a dress for Bella's wedding," Sophia mused knowing that she had put it off long enough, the invite was pinned to the fridge as a reminder that she had to look nice for one day while her cousin married her leech.

Fiona grinned excitedly, happy that her best friend had agreed to her trip and they needed to book now if they wanted a good deal on a hotel; they had so much to organise if they wanted to be ready for the trip on Friday.

"I'll go get my laptop," Emily agreed setting the timer on her pies, she was a little excited about this trip and they just needed to tell their wolves once they had booked the trip.

***

Paul frowned watching Sophia washing up after dinner, he knew that she deserved a break but he was uncomfortable with the idea of her being in Seattle alone without him there to protect her.

"Where will you be staying?" Paul asked curiously, he was sure that Sophia had thought this through, he didn't want to start another fight with her about Seattle since the newborn army had been dealt with.

Sophia smiled turning to look at Paul, she couldn't believe that they had been together for four months now and were planning to spend the rest of their lives together; she was glad that they were going to take their time with this and not rush.

"Hotel Andra," Sophia recalled, they had spent their time looking at hotels and had finally found one that they liked; their trip was book and in four days' time they would be heading to Seattle for the weekend.

Sophia moved to wrap her arms around Paul and pressed a kiss to his cheek, it wasn't going to be easy for him; they had never really been apart before.

"I'll call you every evening to let you know that I'm okay," Sophia promised, she didn't want Paul feeling like she was pushing him away, it was going to be hard enough when she went to Bella's wedding and she was around vampires.

Paul wasn't going with her since he didn't think that he could control himself, so instead Seth would be keeping Sophia company since he had also been invited to the wedding by the Cullens.

"Promise?" Paul murmured looking at Sophia, he didn't like this but he knew that there was no danger of her going; she wasn't going to be alone and it made him a little more relaxed.

"I promise," Sophia said nodding her head, she kissed Paul gently on the lips wishing that the bond between them would make things easier for them; she brushed her fingers through his hair in comfort.

Paul smiled wrapping his arm around Sophia, he didn't know what he would do without Sophia and he hoped that nothing would come between them; they were going strong and it made him so happy.

"We'll be fine," Sophia whispered hoping that her words would comfort him in some small way, she didn't want Paul worrying when everything would be fine.