Chapter Thirty-Eight: April Fools Karma

"Are you sure that this is okay?" Fiona asked nervously sitting in Sophia's car on the way to La Push, she had been a little nervous about meeting the blonde's friends especially since she didn't know anyone from the reservation. 

Sophia nodded her head as she flashed a reassuring smile at her friend, she wouldn't have brought Fiona with her to meet Emily and Kim if they hadn't asked her too. 

"And they don't mind me bringing Austin?" Fiona asked nervously, a lot of people didn't like the fact that she was a mother at the age of seventeen; even with her eighteenth birthday approaching it didn't change how people saw her. 

Fiona knew that she was being silly, especially since Sophia had brought Mia with her but she had spent a lot of time being out-casted because of a drunken mistake. 

"Of course not, Emily loves children," Sophia said pulling into the small quaint driveway that led up to the house, she glanced at Fiona knowing that it would be good for her friend to meet other people who didn't judge her. 

Emily had said that she didn't mind and she knew none of the boys would be around until later on; they had pack duties meaning that it was safe. 

Fiona chewed on her lip as she stared up at the house, it wasn't what she had been expecting when Sophia had invited her to meet her friends from down in La Push. 

Fiona was all too aware that Sophia now had a boyfriend of three weeks and she was surprised that her friend still made time for her in her busy schedule when it came to her life. 

"Relax the boys don't bite," Sophia teased seeing how tense Fiona was, she knew her friend had no idea that the Cullens were vampires; she hated that she couldn't warn anyone about the danger that the vegetarian vamps caused. 

The two teenagers climbed out of the car and moved to collect their children before heading into the house; Fiona nervously following after Sophia as they entered the house.

***

Paul rolled his eyes pulling on his shorts and looked over at Jacob who was still sulking over the fact that Bella had gone back to her leech. 

Everyone had seen that this was coming and the only one that was surprised about what had happened was Jacob; he spent his days now avoiding her calls and moping during patrol. 

"Get over it Jake... she's not worth it," Embry said attempting to cheer his best friend up, he hated to see Jacob down like this and Bella wasn't making things easier on him by trying to be his friend when he was hurting. 

Jacob just made a noise of agreement as they walked towards Emily's, he didn't want to talk about the mess of his love life right now; he hated that Bella couldn't see he would be better for her. 

Hell, he had thought that once Paul had imprinted on Sophia that he stood a better chance at winning Bella's heart; the Gods had said that Sophia was good enough to be an imprint so why not Bella, since they were cousins. 

"Thank the lord that we don't have to protect that leech lover anymore," Jared murmured relieved walking with Paul, he hated that Bella was always around when the Cullens had left. 

Bella had brought nothing but trouble and now that her precious Edward was back, the pack no longer had to look out for her; they would protect their tribe and their imprints like they should. 

"Don't call her that," Jacob snapped shoving Jared to the floor and glared at him, he hated that the pack hadn't welcomed Bella properly like they had Sophia. 

Jacob blamed them for the fact that Bella hadn't chosen him, he knew she hadn't felt wanted by the pack and he hated that.

"What's got you all bent out of shape?" Jared asked as Paul helped him up, he looked at Jacob as he brushed himself off; he hated that Bella was still causing fights between the pack and she wasn't even around anymore. 

Jacob glared at his two imprinted pack brothers, he hated them for constantly reminding him what could happen if he did settle down with Bella; he didn't want to imprint. 

"You never made Bella feel welcome, you drove her back to the leeches," Jacob snarled placing the blame for what had happened between him and Bella on his pack. 

Paul rolled his eyes as Jared scoffed, they had known that they would be blamed for what had happened and weren't even surprised that Jacob was bring it up now. 

"That's because she wasn't welcome, she wasn't an imprint," Paul stated looking at Jacob, he didn't understand why the younger wolf clung to the idea that Bella was meant for him. 

Bella had manipulated him and had done everything to drive a wedge between him and the pack since she had learnt about the wolves; she didn't deserve to be a member of their family. 

"Well I'm sorry that I didn't imprint on my girlfriend's cousin, I'm sorry that I didn't imprint on the girl that's pinned after me for years and I am so sorry that I didn't imprint on a teenage brat that has a child of her own," Jacob spat knowing that he had gone too far and he didn't care. 

Jacob was tired of them thinking that their lives were perfect because they had imprinted on their soul-mates, they all had so many faults and he wanted to hurt them because he was hurting right now.

***

Sophia looked up concerned as Paul stormed into Emily's home, he walked straight towards the blonde where she sat with Mia in her arms. 

Fiona looked confused at the sight of the newcomers that were arriving; she could sense the tension as much as the other women and wondered what had happened. 

"Paul, this is Fiona," Sophia introduced the two, she carefully handed Mia over to Paul making the infant squeal in delight. 

Paul smiled as he held Mia close to him, he took a deep breath to calm himself down knowing that he wouldn't ruin today for his girlfriend. 

"It's nice to meet you," Paul said nodding at Fiona, he was glad that Sophia had a friend that wasn't in the mix right now; he shot a look at Jacob who was covered in red marks from the beating that he had just taken. 

Fiona nodded back at Paul, she wasn't quite sure where to look since the men that had all arrived were topless except for one who was stood away from the rest. 

Jacob looked up as he felt someone looking at him, his brown eyes locked with an unfamiliar set of brown ones before gravity seemed to move around him. 

All other connections seemed to severe as he looked at the woman that was now his imprint, he felt a wave of calm pour of him as he realised that she was the one for him. 

Fiona blinked confused looking away from Jacob confused about what had happened, the room had gone silent and everyone seemed to know what had just occurred. 

Austin took that moment to start crying making Fiona move to collect him concerned while Jacob stared at his imprint confused about what was going on. 

Paul smirked wrapping an arm around the back of Sophia's chair, he knew that this was karma's way of punishing him for all of the horrible things that he had said about his imprint and her daughter. 

Now Jacob had an imprint who was in the exact same position as Sophia was after all he had said.