Chapter Forty-Four: Sophia's Decision

Stepping into her bedroom with Mia in her arms, Sophia gritted her teeth in anger as she thought about the grounding that she had just received; she couldn't believe that this was her punishment when she had a two and a half month old daughter. 

Charlie clearly hadn't thought this through properly and it had been the final straw for Sophia; shouldn't have tried to attack Bella, but she wasn't going to all anyone to degrade her daughter like that. 

Mia whimpered as if sensing her mother's distress as Sophia moved to put her down in her crib as the blonde attempted to calm herself down; she couldn't stay at her uncle's any longer. 

Sophia ran a hand through her hair before she took a deep breath and looked around for her phone; she could rely on Paul for help if she called him. 

Sophia truly didn't feel safe at her uncle's home and she feared that this environment would affect her daughter; she didn't want anything happening to Mia and Bella clearly wasn't a good person to be around. 

Sophia didn't hesitate for a moment before she reached for her phone, she wasn't sure where she would go but she was sure someone down in La Push would take her in for a little while. 

Sophia had a job and Sue had been so kind to her since they had met that Sophia knew that she could turn to her as a last resort if need be. 

Sophia pressed her phone to her ear as she waited for her wolf to answer, she hoped that he wasn't on patrol or at school since she needed him right now. 

"Paul," Sophia breathed in relief as he finally answered the call, she moved to sit down on her bed knowing that she was glad that he had picked up; she wasn't sure what she would do if he hadn't.

"I need you to find me and Mia somewhere to stay... I can't stay at Charlie's anymore," Sophia murmured carefully knowing that Bella was only next door. Sophia was still furious about what had happened and she knew that she wouldn't have to put up with her any longer. 

Sophia listened to Paul mumble to someone glad that she was he wasn't asking her questions right now; she looked over at Mia knowing that she would never forgive herself if something happened to her. 

"Emily says that you can stay with her and Sam for as long as you need," Paul told her making Sophia nod her head knowing that she was relieved, she would start packing straight away and would move her things to the car. 

Sophia would then talk to Charlie knowing he wouldn't be happy that she was moving out, the blonde was just a week away from turning seventeen and she wasn't legally of age. 

However she refused to stay in his home anymore, Sophia knew that if she did then it was only a matter of time before something happened that would endanger her daughter and she couldn't let that happen. 

***

Charlie furrowed his brow as he sat in the living room with a beer and tried to work out what to do about Bella and Sophia; he couldn't keep them in their rooms forever but he was just so lost right now. 

The sound of someone moving up and down the stairs making him grumble as he pushed himself to his feet and rested the bottle on the coffee table wondering what was going on this time. 

Charlie paused stepping out of the living room to find several of Sophia's suitcases and things resting neatly at the bottom of the stairs. 

Sophia clearly thought that she was going somewhere and Charlie was not impressed with her actions, he huffed as he heard her coming down again knowing that it was time for a take. 

"Just where do you think you are going?" Charlie asked watching Sophia set down another bag filled with Mia's stuff, whatever his niece was doing wasn't going to happen. 

Sophia was acting like a child in his eyes and Charlie wasn't going to allow her to storm out of his home acting like a brat; she was better than that. 

"I'm moving out... I'm not going to stay around this house with that suicidal brat anymore," Sophia replied knowing that there was so much that Charlie didn't know about his own daughter. 

Sophia had thought long and hard about what she would say to him, it wasn't going to be easy and she was just going to have to be honest with him. 

"You need to focus on Bella right now because she is out of control, she jumped off a cliff the night Harry died and has a motorbike stored up at Billy's," Sophia said looking at her uncle in the face, Paul was just outside and she knew he'd help her move her things. 

Sophia was aware that she was ratting her cousin out but Charlie needed to know just what she was doing behind his back when he thought that she was doing okay. 

Sophia moved to open the door to Paul, she flashed him a small smile before she turned her attention back to her dumbstruck uncle. 

"I don't feel safe around her and I don't want Mia in this sort of environment, it's not good for her, it's toxic," Sophia continued as Paul quickly started to collect her things, she had already explained to him what was happening and she knew that he understood why she was doing this. 

Mia was her top priority right now and Bella was clearly a threat to her, she was already attracting the Cullens to stick around in Forks and then there was crazy Victoria who had already tried her luck at attacking Sophia; it just wasn't safe in the chief of police's home anymore. 

Charlie opened and closed his mouth trying to figure out what to say, he really hadn't expecting Sophia to say anything like this. 

Charlie had never thought that his niece had felt unsafe in his own home and he wished she would have said something, he had no idea about anything she was talking about.

"You need to focus on being a father to Bella right now, not an uncle to me... I'll be fine and my parents won't care that I'm not staying here anymore," Sophia said flashing a small smile at Charlie, she knew that she wanted to get out of there quickly but she still felt sorry for her uncle. 

Charlie had no idea just what was going on right now in his own daughter's life and Sophia had noticed he'd been there a lot for her and not Bella; even if it was hard to be a parent to her cousin. 

"Phia do you want me to get Mia?" Paul asked carefully finishing loading her things into his truck, he had insisted on driving her after hearing about her fight with Bella. 

Sophia shook her head knowing that she would be fine to get her daughter, she eyed Charlie for a moment before she headed upstairs to get Mia. 

Paul stood awkwardly looking at Charlie, he knew that Charlie had no idea what was going on; he wished Billy would consider letting his best friend know about the legends especially with Bella so involved with Edward. 

It would only make things easier for Sophia plus he would finally know what Bella was doing behind his back all this time; Charlie was in a lot of danger by not knowing the truth. 

"Look after the two of them," Charlie murmured knowing that he didn't like what was happening, Sophia was right; he couldn't be an uncle to her, if he couldn't be a father to his own daughter. 

Paul nodded his head, he would never allow anything to happen to Sophia or Mia and he was sure they would be much safer staying at Emily's place than here.