Chapter Forty-Five: Staying at Emily's

"Thank you so much," Sophia murmured giving Emily a hug and shot a smile at Sam, she was really grateful that they were doing this for her when she knew that they didn't have to. 

Sophia knew that she would find her own place and she hoped that she wouldn't be under their feet for too long. 

"You're pack, you will always be welcome here," Emily said pulling back from Sophia and smiled at her, she wanted her friend to be comfortable while she was with them. 

It was a huge relief to the pack that Sophia and Mia were no longer staying at Charlie's, they weren't safe there even with the amended treaty in place. 

Bella was a vampire magnet and it was only a matter of time before one was able to get close to the house and target everyone inside. 

"I'll take your things upstairs," Paul mused smiling at Sophia and pressed a kiss to her lips, he felt a lot more relaxed now that she was away from the vampires. 

Paul might have spent every night by her side but he didn't like the fact that Edward was coming and going as he pleased; it was like he had no respect for Charlie, who didn't want the leech around his crazy daughter anyway. 

"So what happened?" Sam asked knowing that there had to be a reason for Sophia up and leaving Charlie's house, she was still technically a minor and no one had seen this coming. 

Sophia sighed shifting her hold on Mia, she glanced over at Jacob who was leaning against the far wall looking at her; she knew that it wasn't her place to tell him about Mike being Austin's father. 

"Bella did something that she shouldn't have and blamed me for it, it's all been building up for a while now really," Sophia muttered carefully, she had sent Fiona a quick message of warning but hadn't heard back from her best friend yet. 

Sophia hoped that everything was okay on Fiona's end, if the secret was out then there was nothing that could be done now. 

Emily and Sam shared a look knowing that Bella couldn't be the easiest person to live with but they did still wonder what Sophia was hiding from them. 

They hoped Sophia wasn't in any sort of trouble, she was a member of the pack now and Paul was very much in love with her and Mia; they didn't want anything to happen to either of them. 

"What did Bella do?" Jacob asked eyeing his pack brother's imprint, Paul was still amused that he had imprinted on Fiona; he had never thought he'd be in this sort of situation. 

Sophia hesitated slightly as she bit her lip, she wasn't really sure what to say and she didn't want to make a mess of things for her friend. 

"It's not my secret to tell," Sophia replied carefully hoping that no one would question her more about this, the last thing she wanted to do was to betray Fiona in anyway and led her to more trouble.

***

Sophia sighed in relief stepping into the bedroom that Emily had prepared for her, she was a little glad to but Mia down for a nap since it had been a stressful day and she had a lot to think about. 

Sophia set about preparing her daughter as her mind drifted back to the letter that she had gotten from her grandmother, she was still sure that she wanted to meet her. 

Sophia moved to sit on the bed after she had settled Mia down for a nap, she moved to get the letter from her jeans back pocket; she had never really asked about her grandparents and it made her curious now. 

Sophia knew that her Grandpa Geoffrey and her Grandma Helen had passed away when she was two, they had been in their mid-forties when they'd had her uncle Charlie and her mother. 

Sophia really didn't know much about them only that her grandfather had severe arthritis and that her grandmother had Alzheimer's disease; her mother refused to speak about them as if she was ashamed that she was a small town girl. 

"Phia is everything okay?" Paul asked stepping into the room that was now his girlfriend's, he looked at her concerned as she stared down at the letter in her hands. 

Sophia nodded her head offering him a weak smile and folded the letter back up, she looked up at Paul who moved over to her. 

"My estranged grandmother wants to meet me and Mia," Sophia explained handing him the letter, she tilted her head as she watched him as he took the letter and carefully read it. 

Paul sat down on the bed next to Sophia, his mind racing wondering what she wanted from his imprint; he didn't like the idea that this woman was contacting his girlfriend right now after everything that had happened. 

Victoria was based in Seattle and Paul wasn't about to risk the lives of his imprint and her daughter, he knew it could be completely innocent but he didn't want to take that risk. 

"Do you want to meet her?" Paul asked carefully looking at Sophia, he was dreading the answer and he doubted that she would be welcoming to another fight after having one with Bella. 

Paul watched her as she nodded her head, he took a deep breath as she looked down at his hands knowing that he couldn't allow her to go to Seattle. 

"It's not safe for you to go to Seattle, there's a lot of murders going on right now and I can't lose you or Mia," Paul said taking his girlfriend's hand, he squeezed it knowing that she wasn't going to like this; he just wanted her safe and he couldn't allow her to go to Seattle. 

Victoria had already attempted to turn her once, Paul didn't want to offer up his girlfriend for a second time; she had agreed to stay close to Forks and La Push after the first attempt and now she was considering going to Seattle for someone she didn't even know. 

"I really need to do this Paul please," Sophia whispered knowing he was asking her not to go, but she really wanted to go and meet Lorelei. 

Sophia felt like the woman could give her so many answers and she wanted to learn more about her family; she knew it was asking a lot but she couldn't turn down this chance. 

"I can't let you go Phia... if I have to lock you up in this house then so be it," Paul growled at his imprint, he really didn't want to tell her what to do but this trip wasn't going to happen. 

Victoria and her plot to kill Bella made Sophia and Mia targets and Paul would never forgive himself if something were to happen to them; he doubted that he would be able to survive losing his imprint and would probably go mad with grief. 

Sophia stared at her boyfriend for a moment, she disliked his poor choice of words as she tried to control her anger at him. 

Sophia really wanted to meet her grandmother and there were a lot of risks but they didn't destroy the need that she currently felt to meet this woman. 

The couple were silent as they stared at one another, they both knew that neither of them were going to back down about this. 

Paul grumbled annoyed getting to his feet and stormed out of the bedroom, he wasn't going to change his mind; he was doing this to keep his girls safe. 

Sophia sighed glancing back to make sure that Mia was still asleep, she brushed her fingers through her hair knowing that she was going to meet Lorelei even if Paul didn't like it. 

Sophia wouldn't be going alone, she just had to find the right pack member to go with her without anyone stopping them.