Chapter Fifteen: Sophia meet Paul

"Don't worry about a thing," Jacob said walking Bella to the front door, he smiled glad to have his best friend back and that she was okay with him being werewolf. 

Paul huffed annoyed leaning against the truck as he watched Jacob and Bella, he had only come to check on Sophia before he went into the woods for his patrol. 

"Be careful," Bella whispered looking at Jacob concerned, she offered him a small smile as she wondered why Paul had come with them. 

Bella already knew that Paul didn't like her, he had made it pretty clear and she didn't know why he hadn't warmed to her like Embry had done.

In fact Embry had been the only one that seemed to be okay with her knowing about the pack, everyone else just seemed annoyed with her presence; they hadn't made her feel welcome like the Cullens had done when she had been dating Edward. 

"Don't worry about us Bella," Jacob said smiling down at Bella, no one was thrilled about her knowing and they were less happy that she was bringing danger to the area in the form on the red headed leech. 

Paul wrinkled his nose in disgust watching Jacob with Bella, he couldn't wait for him to imprint so that they didn't have to think about the brunette anymore; she wasn't worth all of the trouble that she brought and she was sort of self-involved. 

"Just be careful because she is fast," Bella said stepping closer to Jacob, she was glad to have him back and this was going hard; Jacob would be hunting the vampire and she would be spending more time down in La Push with Emily. 

The sound of the front door opening made Bella step back from Jacob, she looked at the person who had interrupted only to find Sophia holding the trash.

Paul's head snapped to look at his imprint, he stared at her and frowned at the nude laid on lace cami top and black peg trousers in jersey paired with black trainers that she was wearing to take the trash out.

"Don't mind me, carry one flirting with your wannabe boy band member," Sophia mused with a roll of her eyes as she looked at her cousin, she wasn't surprised to find Jacob here. 

Sophia had known when Bella had walked out of the house like she had that morning that there was a chance that Jacob would be coming home with her like this. 

Bella glared at Sophia as the blonde walked passed her so that she could put the trash in the bin, she couldn't believe that her cousin thought that she was flirting with Jacob; she could only ever love Edward that way. 

"So do all wannabe boy band members have to travel in pairs?" Sophia asked glancing at Paul, she raised an eyebrow at him wondering why he was here since he didn't look happy. 

Sophia wiped her hands as she prepared to head back inside, she really didn't want to stick around for whatever was going on. 

"Sophia, you remember Jacob and that's Paul," Bella said watching her cousin, she wanted the blonde to hurry back inside so that she could finish talking to Jacob. 

Paul couldn't take his eyes off Sophia, he couldn't believe that he was finally close to her; he swallowed wondering what he could say to her, he had been watching her the last two days and he was suddenly speechless. 

Sophia pulled the baby monitor and stared down at it for a moment making sure that Mia was still asleep, she sighed relieved, glad that she was still asleep. 

"Sorry Mia's still asleep," Sophia said noticing the confused looks that Jacob and Paul were giving her, the blonde pocketed the baby monitor knowing that it was chilly and she wanted to get back inside. 

Bella shifted nervously knowing that the two wolves would be curious about who Mia was, especially since she was clearly related to Sophia; she knew that once Sophia had gone that they would ask about Mia.

"I'm gonna head in... don't stay out to long Isa or Charlie will come looking," Sophia warned flashing a smile at her cousin before she prepared to head back inside; she couldn't help but cast a glance at Paul as she stepped back into the house. 

Paul grinned knowing that she had noticed him, she hadn't looked back last time and he knew that this was only the beginning for them. 

Bella rolled her eyes turning to look at Jacob, she smiled at him as she prepared to continue talking only to be cut off abruptly. 

"Who is Mia?" Jacob asked knowing that this was the second time that he had heard the name and he still didn't know who it was; Bella had never mentioned her before and she was linked to Paul's imprint for some reason. 

"Mia is my first cousin once removed," Bella revealed with a shrug of her shoulders, she didn't see how it was important and she wanted to focus on talking with Jacob about their friendship. 

Paul frowned walking towards Bella, he didn't know why that sentence hurt but it did; he glanced at Jacob who seemed to catch on to what Bella wasn't saying. 

"Doesn't that make Mia, Sophia's daughter?" Jacob said looking at Paul alarmed, they had never thought of an imprint being someone who already had children with another man; it also meant that Paul would have competition for his imprint's affections. 

Bella bit her lip nodding her head, she looked between the two wolves and frowned at the sudden look on Paul's face at that knowledge. 

"I knew it... the spoilt princess got kicked out for doing something stupid," Jacob announced grinning looking at Bella who nodded her head, he had thought that Sophia was a spoilt brat and he wasn't even surprised that the blonde had become a teenager mother. 

Paul snarled angrily staring at Jacob, he couldn't believe his pack brother had said something like that about his imprint; they didn't know what had happened and he was judging Sophia.

"At least she's now at your standard," Jacob taunted knowing that he was milking this, he had been waiting for something that he could use to rattle Paul for all of the horrible names that he called Bella and now he had the perfect one for Sophia. 

Paul stepped forward threateningly, he couldn't believe that Jacob was actually going there and Bella was okay with that. 

"Don't talk about her like that," Paul spat knowing that he was going to have to control himself so that he didn't phase in public; he would tear Jacob a new one when they were heading back to La Push. 

Jacob smirked realising that he had gotten under Paul's skin, he couldn't believe that how easily that he had found something to annoy the other wolf about. 

"Then keep your opinions about Bella to yourself," Jacob snapped back, this was going to be interesting; no one had ever had anything on Paul that could annoy him and now he had the perfect thing. 

Paul gritted his teeth as he glared darkly at Jacob, he really couldn't believe that the younger wolf was doing this; he knew that there was no way that Bella was going to be accepted no matter how much Jacob wanted her to.

Bella frowned as she looked over at Paul, she knew that he didn't like her but she wondered what he had been saying about her behind her back. 

Bella was still hoping that other members of the pack would warm to her, Embry was okay with her but the others hadn't made her feel very welcome; something that needed to change if she wanted to see Jacob. 

Bella could only hope that tomorrow when she went to see Emily that things would get better between them.