Chapter Eleven: Forks Diner

Sophia smiled sitting on the floor and played with Mia, they were waiting for Bella to get home so that they could go and grab some dinner.

Charlie had wanted to treat the girls since they were always cooking for him, plus he knew that Sophia was sort of avoiding a lot of the public places in Forks.

“In the woods. They are not bears,” Bella said running into the house, her brown eyes looking at her father who was sat on the couch watching some sports programme.

Sophia frowned staring at her cousin, she wasn’t sure what her cousin was talking about; she looked at her uncle wondering what was going on.

“What you mean in the woods? Bell, what the hell were you doing out in the woods?” Charlie asked getting to his feet, he frowned knowing he had warned his daughter to stay out of the woods.

There had been a spike of animal attacks recently and he didn’t want to lose his daughter, he had even warned Sophia to stay out of the woods when she had arrived; the blonde was new in town and he doubted she’d want to go hiking.

“They are wolves. I mean, they're like huge wolves,” Bella said ignoring her father’s questions, she had only gone to find the meadow that Edward had taken her too; she knew it was stupid but she had thought it would bring her some closure.

Sophia raised an eyebrow at her cousin, she hadn’t missed that Bella hadn’t answered Charlie’s question; she sat Mia on her lap knowing that her cousin was hiding something.

“Are you sure about that, Isa?” Sophia asked wondering if maybe Bella has tripped and banged her head, she knew how accident prone her cousin was and hiking would have been a dangerous trip for her.

Bella nodded her head as she took a deep breath, her hands were still shaking from her confrontation with Laurent.

“Yeah, I just saw them. They were after... something,” Bella said making sure not to mention the vampire, Charlie and Sophia couldn’t know about the supernatural world that she was now involved in.

Charlie sighed looking at his daughter, he knew that this wasn’t what he had expected but he was going to have to call this in and sort something out.

“Okay, Bella why don’t you take Soph and Mia to the diner for dinner,” Charlie murmured knowing that he would catch up with the two of them later, he would have to talk with his deputies about what they were going to do about their big wolf problem since they had been thinking it was bears.

Bella nodded her head swallowing nervously, she had a feeling that even if the wolves had caught Laurent then she still had Victoria coming after her.

***

Sophia chewed on her lip as she followed Bella into the diner, most people would assume that Mia was her sister; she felt a little uncomfortable with the looks that people gave her when they knew that Mia was her daughter.

It was something that Sophia never got used to, even if she was adjusting to being a single mother; she did often miss Jason but he was stuck in military school.

“So what do you want to eat?” Bella asked as the two took a seat, she smiled as she watched Sophia settle Mia down; she knew that her cousin was nervous about being out and about with her very young daughter.

“I’ll have what you’re having,” Sophia said with a shrug, she knew that she really didn’t mind as long as Mia wasn’t going to be fussy; the blonde carefully brushed her fingers through her daughter’s deep brown hair.

Bella nodded her head as she checked the menu, she glanced around and chewed on her lip at the sight of some of her friends from school.

“Hi Bella,” Jessica said walking over to the table, her eyes locked on Sophia wondering who she was; she glanced at Lauren who also seemed intrigued with the blonde that was sat with Bella.

The two had left their group behind and had come over since they didn’t recognise the blonde; they had never seen Sophia before and she didn’t go to school with them.

“Jess,” Bella greeted softly as she eyed the two, they weren’t really her friends and she wondered why they had come to speak with her; they only spoke to her when it suited them and they never truly had anything nice to say.

“Who’s this?” Lauren asked making Sophia wrinkle her nose as the other blonde’s nasally voice, she looked at the two as she tried to recall what her cousin had told her about her friends.

Bella had been in a zombie-mode when Sophia had arrived and she could tell that these two weren’t the type of people that her cousin usually hung out with.

“My cousin Sophia, she’s from New York. Soph this is Jessica and Lauren we go to school to school together,” Bella said introducing the three, she nibbled on her lip as she wondered why they had come over to speak to her.

Bella glanced over at the others who were now taking notice that Jessica and Lauren had left them and had come over to their table.

“Hi,” Sophia said with a nod before she turned her attention back to Mia, she smiled softly as her daughter took hold of her finger.

Sophia hoped that the two older teenagers would leave soon, she didn’t really want to gossipers around her or her daughter.

“Your sister is so cute,” Jessica gushed looking at the baby, she knew that Sophia would make the perfect friend for her and Lauren; she didn’t seem anything like her boring emo cousin that they had grown bored with now.

“Mia is actually Sophia’s daughter,” Bella corrected making Sophia look at her, she knew that this was going to be all over town now since she could tell that the two that had approached loved to gossip.

Charlie had managed to keep most of the gossip away from Sophia, he didn’t want his niece feeling uncomfortable in his home.

“Wow really… I didn’t know you had a whore for a cousin,” Lauren sneered glaring at Sophia, the blonde was clearly a threat to her and she couldn’t wait to spread the news that Bella’s cousin was a teen mum.

Sophia turned to glare back at Lauren, she was used to people calling her such horrible names but she wasn’t going to let the fake-boobed bimbo say something like that to her in front of her daughter.

“Lauren you can’t say that to people,” Angela Weber scolded hurrying over having heard what she had said, she offered Sophia a small smile knowing that no one related to Bella could be such a thing.

Angela was one of the few people that Bella had spoken with about her cousin and the pastor’s daughter knew that Sophia had been sent here after her parents had washed their hands of her.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Angela greeted offering Sophia a real smile, she didn’t judge Sophia because she knew that there had to be a reason that she was a single teenager mother.

Sophia nodded her head at Angela, she had heard about the girl before her and she was glad that Bella had a friend like her if Lauren and Jessica where her other friends.

“Whatever,” Lauren muttered before she turned and walked away followed by Jessica, the two couldn’t wait for school on Monday.

Sophia watched them go knowing that everyone would know that Charlie’s niece was a teenage mother by the time that school finished on Monday.