Chapter Thirty-Two: Annoying Vampires

Sophia nibbled on her toast glancing between her uncle and cousin, who seemed to be having a Mexican stand-off in the kitchen. 

Sophia had heard Charlie ground her cousin and Bella was furious that she was being treated like a child; she didn't seem to understand how worried Charlie had been that she had just disappeared like that. 

Nor did Bella see that he was trying to protect her by putting some distance between her and Edward so that if the vampire was to leave again that she wouldn't fall into a depression like she had the first time. 

"My decision still stands Bella," Charlie stated gruffly frowning at his daughter, he didn't understand how she could forgive her boyfriend as if he hadn't done anything wrong. 

Bella had been a complete mess when Edward had left and Charlie had really struggled with her depression; he had tried his best but he knew that he hadn't done the best that he could have done for his daughter. 

Bella huffed glaring down at her porridge and muttered under her breath, she couldn't believe that Charlie wasn't getting over this like she had thought that he would. 

Bella shot a look at her cousin knowing that Sophia had probably being telling Charlie all sorts of lies about her to get her into trouble so she couldn't see Edward. 

"I'm heading down to La Push... do you need me to drop anything off at Sue's?" Sophia asked trying to ease the tension in the room, she had plans to meet with Paul after school and she had promised she'd go and see Emily for a few hours before hand. 

Charlie nodded his head as he continued to eat his own breakfast, he was glad that Sophia had been around to help out when it came to the Clearwater's, she had been dropping off meals for Sue and he knew that it meant a lot to her. 

Bella frowned realising that she would be alone in her punishment, she had sort of being counting on Sophia being stuck home as well so she'd have some company. 

Charlie had banned Edward from coming to the house and when she was at school there was nothing that her father could do to stop her from seeing her vampire boyfriend. 

"Nothing that I can think of," Charlie said making Sophia nod her head before she got to her feet and moved to place her plate in the sink; she was desperate to get down to La Push so that didn't have to be around this tension. 

Sophia moved to collect Mia and smiled as she cuddled her daughter, she was all too aware that Edward had visited her cousin during the night; blatantly ignoring Charlie's orders as if he was better than that. 

"I'll see you both later," Sophia said glancing at Bella, she knew her cousin was taking the next two days off school to recover from her little trip to Italy and Charlie wasn't going to be at work for those days. 

It made her wonder how her uncle would react when Bella did go back to school and would be glued to Edward's side again; nothing was going to change and Bella would still be a doormat. 

Sophia headed out of the kitchen as she collected her car keys, she balanced Mia on her hip knowing that she didn't want to stick around and watch Bella sulk. 

Sophia made sure that she collected her bag which she had left at the bottom of the stairs so that she didn't have to go back upstairs to get it. 

Sophia cooed at Mia as she stepped out of the front door and made sure to close it behind her, she had no intentions of spending any time with Bella unless she had to; her cousin had made her choice and in the blonde's eyes she would now have to live with it. 

"Are we going to see Emily?" Sophia whispered unlocking her car and moved to set her daughter in the back seat, she smiled at the small innocent smile on Mia's face knowing that she would do anything for that smile. 

Sophia carefully strapped her daughter into the car seat before she checked that the child-locks were on before she closed the door and moved to get into the car herself. 

Sophia pulled on her seatbelt before she moved to turn on her car, she frowned as it didn't even make a noise before she tried again. 

"What the hell?" Sophia muttered it had been working the day before and now it seemed dead, she grumbled as she undone her seatbelt before she climbed back out of the car to pop the hood of her car. 

Sophia chewed on her lip lifting the bonnet and stared at the empty space where her car engine should have been; she blinked wondering how something like that could just go missing. 

Sophia shivered as a cold wind blew past her causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up; she glanced over to Bella's truck knowing that she wasn't alone anymore. 

"What did you do to my car leech?" Sophia hissed turning to glare at Edward, who was leaning quite calmly against the 1963 Chevy Step Side C-10 pickup that her cousin had been driving for over a year now. 

Edward raised an eyebrow at Sophia wondering why she disliked him so much, he knew that Bella loved him and yet her cousin seemed to hate his guts for no reason. 

Bella had forgiven him and Edward hoped that this meant that things would go back to normal; he didn't want to cause a rift between Bella and her family 

"Alice saw your future disappear... it isn't safe for you to be around those pack of mutts," Edward said calmly knowing that he would win Sophia around in hopes that Charlie would then warm back up to him. 

Sophia stared at him furiously realising what he had done, he had dismantled her car so that she couldn't go and see her friends down in La Push. 

"Put my engine back this instant," Sophia snapped stepping threateningly towards the vampire wondering just who he thought he was. Sophia wanted nothing to do with the Cullens and she had no intentions of listening to them about how she should live her life. 

"I can't do that... it would upset Bella if something were to happen to you and Mia," Edward said looking at Sophia calmly, he had done a little research about the blonde and he had wanted to know if she was a threat to his Bella in any way. 

Alice had been a great help to him in that matter and she seemed excited about making a new friend, she was even planning to buy some clothes for Mia; there was no way that Sophia would say no for long. 

"Don't you dare even say my daughter's name! I want nothing to do with you leeches," Sophia spat furious that he thought that he knew what was best for her and her daughter. 

Sophia frowned wondering how she was going to do about her car, she glared angrily at Edward who just seemed amused about the situation. 

"You will not be permitted to go down to La Push... but you are more than welcome to come to our home, Rosalie and Alice would love to get to know you and Mia," Edward said calmly knowing that this temper tantrum wasn't going to last. 

The vampire only wanted what was best for Sophia and he was sure that Bella would be happy with him for protecting her cousin from the dangers that lay in La Push from the pack. 

Sophia stared at him furiously before she stormed over to the house and threw open the front door, she smirked knowing just how to punish the vampire for what he had done. 

"Uncle Charlie... Bella's pompous boyfriend has dismantled my car engine," Sophia shouted knowing that her uncle would hear. 

If it was the last thing that she did, she was going to make Edward regret ever thinking that she was going to roll over like her spineless cousin did for him.