Chapter Forty-Nine: Fiona's Problem

Fiona stared up at Emily's house and chewed on her lip as she stuck her hands in her pockets and thought about what she was going to do; the brunette took a deep breath shaking her head and headed up the steps knowing that she needed to speak with Sophia. 

Fiona hadn't had time to return any of her best friend's calls or texts because she had been so busy dealing with the mess that Bella had caused her by revealing that Austin was Mike Newton's son. 

Fiona's parents had been furious when they had heard that the rumours about their grandson were true and Fiona had a lot of explaining to do about why she had kept it quiet. 

Knocking on the front door, Fiona glanced back at her car knowing that her life was going to change now and she didn't want it to; she was quite happy with how things had been. 

"Fiona, you don't need to knock come in," Emily said answering the door and smiled sweetly at the brunette, she was thrilled that Jacob's imprint had come around since he was starting to worry about her. 

Sophia had been living with Emily for six days now and no one had heard anything from Fiona after what had happened with Bella. 

Fiona nodded her head nervously following Emily into the house, she glanced around nervously knowing that she would never see this place again. 

"Fiona," Sophia greeted smiling at her friend from the kitchen, she was a little surprised to see Fiona here and she was glad to see her friend was okay after what had happened. 

Sophia was in the middle of preparing to move into the house that her grandmother had given her, she wanted to get out from under Sam and Emily's feet even if they said it was okay. 

"How are you?" Sophia asked dusting the flour off her hands and walked over to her friend, she could see that something was bothering her and she hoped it wasn't anything serious.

"I've been better," Fiona admitted offering Sophia a small nervous smile, she had been forced to leave Austin with her parents since they were pretty much keeping her on lock down right now. 

Sophia frowned watching her friend, she didn't know what had been going on but she had a feeling that something big had happened while Fiona had been missing. 

"My parents are sending me to Texas with Austin to live with relatives," Fiona said softly looking down at her hands, she had come to say goodbye and she hoped that she could keep in touch with the friends that she had here in La Push. 

Emily stared at the brunette in panic knowing that they couldn't allow her to leave, she was an imprint and Jacob wouldn't be able to cope if she moved 1,786 miles away. 

"You can't leave," Sophia whispered watching at her best friend, she couldn't believe what she was hearing and she knew that there had to be something that could be done to stop this from happening. 

Emily nodded her head as she walked over to join the two women, they were alone since the pack were all on patrol and no one would hear about this until later. 

"I don't have a choice... if I don't go to Texas then I'll have nowhere to live," Fiona said knowing that no one would take her in, she had a four month old son and she couldn't even support him right now. 

Fiona had to move to Texas and her parents had made it clear that staying in Forks was no longer an option; they couldn't deal with all the whispers that were going through the town spread by the Stanleys. 

Sophia looked at her friend as an idea started to form in her mind, she looked at Emily who seemed to have the same idea as she did; she now had the house that Lorelei had given her.

"Move in with me," Sophia blurted out looking at Fiona, she had a big five bedroom house and she had more than enough room to house her best friend and Austin; she also knew it would put Jacob's mind at rest. 

Fiona stared at her friend confused wondering what on earth Sophia was talking about since the blonde was currently living with Emily and she doubted the woman would want another teen mother living with her. 

"My grandmother gave me a house in Forks," Sophia explained knowing that Fiona wouldn't have known about her trip up to Seattle to meet Lorelei; she hadn't seen the brunette to even tell her what was happening. 

Fiona only knew that Sophia was no longer living at Charlie's and that had been caused by Bella's insane behaviour; she wasn't to know that Sophia would be moving to her new home in a couple of days' time. 

"You would do that for me?" Fiona whispered staring at Sophia, she had never thought when she came to say goodbye to her best friend that she would have an offer to stay in Forks. 

Fiona had thought they'd be so emotional from their goodbye that this would be the last time that she would ever see Sophia; her parents had insisted that leaving was for the best. 

"Of course, you can't leave me here in Forks," Sophia said looking over at Emily, she couldn't tell Fiona that she was an imprint and as such counted as part of the Quileute tribe. 

It wasn't her secret to tell and she hoped that Jacob would make a move soon so that she didn't have to keep Fiona in the dark forever. 

***

"Are you sure about this?" Fiona asked turning to look at Sophia as the blonde showed her the two bedroom's that could be hers and Austin's if they stayed in Forks.

It had taken some persuasion from Sophia to even get Fiona to agree to come and look at the house that she had been given. 

It was currently being decorated by the pack and it would be ready for people to live in, in a few days' time after Sophia's seventeenth birthday which was quickly approaching. 

"Of course," Sophia replied smiling as she stepped into the bedroom that would be Fiona's, it had a large en-suite and was next door to Sophia's master bedroom. 

The blonde didn't want to be in this house alone even if Paul was probably going to sneak move in with her when she moved in; she couldn't remember a time that her boyfriend of nearly four weeks had actually been home since she had moved into Emily's. 

"What would I do without my best friend?" Sophia said pouting softly, she had to keep Fiona in Forks for Jacob's sake and she knew the wolf needed a kick in the right direction when it came to his imprint. 

While he wasn't moping over Bella, Jacob hadn't been drawn to his imprint as much as the other wolves had and it was good to see the rightful alpha clearing his head of his obsession with Bella. 

The pack barely spoke about Bella unless it was to complain about how annoying her phone calls where for Jacob; something that was becoming more and more frequent. 

Bella wasn't taking the hint that Jacob wasn't interested in her anymore and Charlie was only doing so much to curve her behaviour but it was an improvement of what he had done before which had been nothing. 

"Okay... I'll move in with you," Fiona said as a smile formed on her face, she really didn't want to leave and with her parents throwing her out she hadn't known what to do anymore. 

Sophia grinned moving to hug her best friend, Jacob owed her big time for this and the blonde had a feeling that the fifth bedroom would be filled by Leah at some point as the she-wolf grew bored of life at home with her mother and younger brother.