Chapter Fifty-Nine: Paul's Family

Paul gritted his teeth lacing his fingers with Sophia's, as they stood outside his father's house; he knew that this wasn't going to be a nice dinner and he hoped that it wouldn't be too bad.

Sophia stood beside him nervous while they waited for someone to open the door, she was suddenly glad that Mia was with Jason for the night since she felt anxious enough about this dinner.

The door slowly opened to reveal Carol Lahote, she eyed the couple at the front door before she stepped to the side to allow them inside; her eyes staring at Sophia as Paul led her inside.

"Daniel they're here," Carol called watching the young couple for a moment before she headed back to the kitchen; she was still surprised that Paul had agreed to this.

Paul swallowed trying to keep calm, he knew his step-mother wasn't overly fond of him especially since he'd been a trouble maker before he has phased.

"You look fine," Paul murmured as Sophia chewed on her lip, she was wearing a grey floral print T-shirt and black pull-on jeggings paired with grey velcro strap pumps for the dinner.

Sophia peeked at Paul as he slowly led her into the living room where he knew his father would be waiting, she resisted the urge to duck behind Paul as she spotted his father.

There was no denying where Paul got his good looks from, however his father looked far more intimidating than she had thought he would.

"Father," Paul greeted with a nod of his head, his brown eyes looking at the man that had hardly been around for the last few years of his life; he wasn't sure what to expect from this dinner but he knew it wouldn't end well.

"Paul... I'm surprised that you remembered where you live," Daniel Lahote mused nodding at his son, his brown eyes looking at the blonde that his son had brought home with him to dinner.

Daniel had heard a lot of the rumours of what his son had been doing while he was away working to provide for his family and dating Sophia was only the tip of the iceberg.

Carol had been keeping an eye on her wayward step-son who was now a part of some sort of gang on the reservation; she was worried that Paul had started taking drugs because of his change in physical form as well.

"This is Sophia, my girlfriend," Paul introduced smiling at Sophia, his father had no idea about the wolves or the pack and he couldn't tell him since it was against the rules.

Daniel nodded his head as he continued to eye the pale-face that was in his home, he had a feeling that it was going to be a long night and he was going to get to the end of this once and for all.

***

"So Sophia... tell me about yourself?" Daniel asked looking across the dining room table at the blonde, he was far from pleased that his son was dating a pale face and a single mother.

The dinner so far had been awkward and silent, something that set Sophia on edge since she could tell that she was being judged by Daniel and Carol without them really knowing her.

Paul's half-sister, Kathleen munched on her spaghetti as she peeked at Sophia; she didn't know why the blonde was here but she could see her parents weren't happy about it.

"There's not much to tell," Sophia replied messing with her food a little, she peeked up at Daniel who was just staring at her making her feel uncomfortable.

Paul chewed slowly on his own food, his brown eyes glaring at his father, he wasn't sure what he had heard about Sophia but it was bound to be all lies and rumours.

"Now come on don't be embarrassed," Carol said forcing smile, she knew all about Sophia from what she had heard and she couldn't believe that Paul had settled for her when he could do better.