Chapter Ninety: Becoming Official

Paul smiled watching Sophia and Mia, it was raining outside and he knew that it wasn't going to be letting up; he couldn't imagine a better way to spending the evening with his imprint and her daughter. 

Sophia smiled fussing over Mia, she still couldn't believe how big her daughter was getting and it seemed like only yesterday that they were arriving in Forks together. 

Mia babbled happily in her mother's arms, she was so close to walking and Paul had been forced to baby proof the house with Sam's help now that Mia was crawling everywhere. 

Jason had baby proofed his apartment in Forks and things were starting to quieten down between the two couples, everyone wanted what was best for Mia even if Paul and Jason did often clash over the little girl. 

"Someone is lively tonight," Paul teased moving to pick Mia up, he cuddled her knowing that it was her bedtime soon; she'd had her bath and yet she still seemed so lively. 

Sophia nodded her head, she was trying to keep Mia on a schedule and she doubted that it would be long before her little girl tired herself out; she watched Paul with Mia knowing that they were both lucky to have him. 

Sophia couldn't imagine how her life would have been when she had been sent to Forks by her parents and she had never met him; it was scary to think that she could have never met him. 

"I'll go and settle her down," Paul said knowing that Sophia had been looking after Mia all day and she'd been at work, he doubted that the seven month old made it easy on her mother. 

Mia was a handful at times and there was no doubt that she would be one to watch when she got older; the couple had a feeling that she was going to be a nightmare when she reached the terrible twos. 

Sophia watched Paul as he walked away with Mia, she leant back on the couch and wondered what she would ever do without him; she doubted that she would ever have the chance to find out.

***

Sophia sipped on her hot chocolate as she curled up in her jersey pyjama set, she peeked up as Paul walked into the room and she was surprised to see no Mia with him; she guessed he had managed to get the little girl to sleep. 

"Did she go down okay?" Sophia asked brushing some hair from her face, she watched as Paul came and sat down next to her; it was a little cold and she was glad to have her personal space-heater. 

Paul nodded his head wrapping his arms around Sophia, he was a little tired from school and patrol but he was glad that he was home with his imprint now. 

Sophia cuddled into Paul's side, she watched him closely knowing that something was bothering him; she guessed it was the vampire that seemed to be lingering around the area. 

The pack had yet to find the vampire that seemed to be hanging around, they knew it wasn't one of the Cullens and it worried them why the vampire was sticking around. 

"Jason wants to take Mia trick or treating," Sophia said looking at Paul, she chewed on her lip knowing that it was nearly Halloween; she was looking forward to it and she already had Mia's costume picked out for the night. 

Paul frowned looking at Sophia, he had hoped to go with her when it came to taking Mia trick or treating; he knew that this wasn't going to be easy, Jason was Mia's father and he had to get used to sharing the little girl. 

"I couldn't say no," Sophia murmured shaking her head, she had no right to turn Jason around and she was sure they could reach some compromise when it came to Mia. 

Paul nodded his head, he closed his eyes tiredly knowing that he couldn't expect to have things his way; he was going to get used to sharing Mia and Jason was always going to be there.

The couple were silent for a moment before Paul opened his eyes, he looked at Sophia for a moment; he eyed the promise ring on her finger and he knew what he had to do, he was sure now was the right time. 

"Marry me?" Paul blurted out making Sophia stare at him, she nearly choked on her hot chocolate as his words settled; she certainly hadn't been expecting that when they had cuddled up on the couch. 

Sophia stared at Paul, she knew that they were technically engaged and had been for a while; they had just never really taken that next step together. 

"What?" Sophia asked wondering what had brought this on, she loved the idea of being Paul's fiancée and it wasn't like things were ever going to change; she just had never thought this would be how it happened. 

Paul chuckled as he took Sophia's left hand, he wanted to do this and he knew that they'd been together longer than Bella had ever been with her leech. 

"Let's make it official," Paul said smiling at Sophia, he wanted to do this and no one was really going to stop them from getting engaged; her parents sort of liked him and he knew that Charlie did since he made Sophia happy. 

Sophia slowly nodded her head, she watched as Paul got down on one knee and she kept stop herself from smiling; she was so happy and that was all that mattered to her right now. 

"Sophia Noelle Hayward Swan, will you marry me?" Paul asked smiling up at Sophia, he didn't know what he would do without her and he knew that things had gotten so much better for him since she had come into his life in January. 

Sophia nodded her head, she would happily spend the rest of her life with Paul and she knew that nothing would ever change that; she kissed him knowing that this was the best night ever.

***

Irina watched the couple in the distance, she frowned watching them celebrate her engagement and she knew that soon they would not be celebrating for long; she was going to make sure of that. 

Irina felt a pang of jealously, she wished that she could be celebrating her engagement to Laurant; she was sure he would have proposed by now if the wolves had of killed him. 

However Irina would never get to find out, he was gone now and she was all alone; she wanted to make the wolves suffer and she had no doubts that she would die in her attempt. 

Irina had been doing a lot of thinking about how she would get her revenge and she had made her decision for Sophia this was all going to start where it had all begun for her. 

Irina had done her research and she knew that she only needed one shot to get what she wanted; everything was going to work in her favour that she was sure of. 

Laurant had died without getting to say goodbye and Irina was going to ensure that Sophia's wolf would not get the same; she wanted to make the wolves feel what she had suffered when Laurant had died and she hadn't been there to save him. 

Irina felt the wind change direction and left her hiding place, she sped back to the Cullens house without attracting too much attention; she had a little more planning to do and then she would be ready. 

Halloween was going to be the night that changed everything, Irina was going to get her revenge and then she would be reunited with her Laurant. 

Nothing was going to deter Irina from her path and she had even noticed that Alice hadn't called her to stop her from her plans.