Chapter Sixty-Three: The Announcement

Paul grumbled annoyed hearing the bedside phone rang, turning over in bed and peeking at Sophia who was sleeping soundly by his side; it was barely five in the morning and the couple were home alone.

Leah was slowly moving in with Jason and his apartment in Forks, it was nice and she was thrilled to finally move on from Sam; while Fiona slowly found herself spending more time at the Black's house.

Sophia made a small noise in her sleep as she rolled over and cuddled into Paul's side, her pastel pink squirrel print nightie riding up slightly as she continued to sleep.

Paul smiled softly reaching for the phone, it was his night off and he really hoped that he wasn't being called to cover someone's patrol.

"Hello?" Paul whispered watching his girlfriend sleep, she looked so peaceful and he didn't wish to wake her; it was rare that they had any time like this lately.

Sophia snuffled continuing to cuddle into Paul, she was completely unaware about what was going on around her; Paul smiled leaning back in bed.

"What can I do for you Sam?" Paul asked curious about why the alpha was awake at this hour, no one called unless it was important and this clearly wasn't a social call; he frowned as he listened to what Sam said and it made him worry.

"Okay... we'll be there in thirty," Paul murmured ending the call and looked at Sophia, Sam had called an emergency meeting and it worried Paul what could be going on.

***

Sophia raised an eyebrow stepping into Emily's house, she didn't know why the pack had been called together but she knew it couldn't be good.

Paul was holding Mia as they entered the house, everyone was here and it made the pack even more nervous; whatever had happened was clearly very important.

Fiona offered the couple a small smile from her place sat next to Jacob, she was just as confused as they were and it was clearly big news.

Sophia took Mia from Paul and moved to set her in the playpen with Austin, she was sure that everything was going to be fine; she walked back to Paul as she took in the gathering.

Kim was curled up in Jared's arm and seemed to be whispering to him softly as they waited to find out what was going on.

Leah and Jason were on the other side of the room, clearly annoyed at the short notice call about the meeting that was being held.

Jacob and Fiona were sat around the table with Quil, Embry and Seth waiting to learn what was going on; everyone was on edge and it was starting to cause a tense atmosphere.

Colin and Brady were sat on the floor, they were new to the pack and clearly tense as everyone else; they were younger than Seth and were still adjusting.

Emily was quietly making drinks for everyone but it was clear that she was shaken by whatever had been told by Sam.

"Thank you for all coming," Sam greeted tiredly stepping into the room, he looked around wishing that he had better news to tell anyone but there wasn't.

Paul wrapped his arms around Sophia watching at Sam wondering what was going on; he had a feeling that this was going to be about Bella and it couldn't be good.

"It's bad news..." Sam said trying to remain calm, they had never faced anything like this before and he was truly worried; he had a feeling that not everyone would come back from this.

Sophia peeked at Paul a bad feeling forming in her stomach as she wondered what was going on, she hated that Sam was taking so long to tell them; it made things worse and not better.

"Victoria has built a newborn army... they're coming here in four days," Sam explained trying to relax the tension in the room, however there was nothing that could be said that could stop what was coming.

The room was silent as the news sunk in, Sophia swallowed cursing her cousin not for the first time that she had meddled with things that she shouldn't happen.

"What are we going to do?" Seth asked staring at Sam, everyone was silent in shock of what had been said; they all couldn't believe that this was happening.

"Nothing... this is the Cullens mess not ours," Leah replied crossing her arms, she didn't see how this was important; Victoria wanted Bella and the pack weren't going to get involved for the leech-lover.

Sam took a deep breath as the rest of the pack agreed with Leah, he had wanted to leave the Cullens to it since it was their problem but there was a problem.

"They aren't just coming for Bella..." Sam said softly as his eyes locked on Sophia, he hadn't wanted to believe it but the psychic pixie had predicted Sophia death at the hands of one of the newborns.

Paul's grip tightened on his imprint realising what was being said, he felt panic fill him at the thought of anything happening to Sophia.

"Alice predicts that if we don't help... Sophia will die," Sam murmured informing the rest of the pack of what had been revealed to him; he didn't trust the vampires but an imprint was endangered and something had to be done.

Paul held Sophia close, he could sense the rest of the pack looking at the couple; there had to be something that could be done and to protect the other imprints as well.

"Sam," Paul whimpered almost pleading with the alpha to do something, anything to prevent this from happening; they didn't anything to happen that could take away from the pack.

Sophia closed her eyes, she felt sick knowing that this could be her final days and it actually scared her; she cuddled into Paul as he held her close.

"We'll be helping the Cullens with the battle..." Sam announced pulling Emily into his arms, he hoped that he had made the right decision for the pack especially with what was on the line.

***

"Are you sure about this Alice?" Jasper asked looking at his wife concerned, they had already asked the Denali's for help and had been turned down because Irina wanted revenge for her mate on the pack.

Alice nodded her head pressing a kiss to his lips, she was sure that her little white lie would work and the pack would agree to work with them because of it.

"Of course... they won't risk Soph's safety, you know that," Alice replied sitting beside her mate, she had told the pack that Sophia was at risk since she was sure that the two groups working together would be enough to stop Victoria's army.

Jasper sighed watching at his mate, he had seen how protective the wolves were of their imprints and he didn't think Alice's white lie would go down well if it was discovered.

"I'm doing this for us Jazzy... we won't make it without them," Alice comforted looking at her mate, she didn't like that he was worrying; it wasn't like the wolves would ever found out that she had lied to them.

Jasper nodded his head, he really hoped that Bella didn't find out; he liked Edward's girlfriend but she was a little stupid sometimes and certainly couldn't keep this secret.

"Don't worry," Alice said kissing Jasper, everything was going to be fine and the sooner the battle against the newborn army was over the better so they could focus on the impending wedding.