Chapter Seventy-Three: Council Warning

Laura blinked surprised opening her hotel room door to find Billy Black and Sam Uley standing outside, she hadn't been expecting visitors since not a lot of people knew that she was in town.

"We need to talk," Billy stated firmly, he was doing this for Paul's sake and he knew that the silver wolf didn't need any more issues on his plate; he had every right to be angry with his parents meddling.

Laura slowly nodded her head, s it had to be important if Billy had come to see her; she stepped aside allowing the two men into her room.

Laura hadn't wanted to stay in her ex-husband's house, she felt awkward especially around his new wife and their daughter; she had come for Paul and she was shocked at how much he had changed since she had last seen her son.

"What can I do for you?" Laura asked curiously, she didn't think that this was a social visit and she hoped that everything was alright; she moved to sit down as she looked between the two men wondering why they had come to see her.

Sam glared at Laura, she truly didn't care about Paul and hadn't in years; it didn't make sense why she had shown up like she had since she hadn't spoken to Paul since he was ten.

"We came to speak to you about what happened yesterday," Billy explained slowly, he couldn't stand the woman who had turned her back on her tribe and her son for nothing.

Laura blinked wondering how they had heard about what had happened, she didn't see how it was tribal business if she came to see her son since his father couldn't control him.

Sam sat down and watched Laura, he couldn't have her setting off Paul especially since he had a hard enough time controlling his temper at the best of times.

"What did you need to speak to me about?" Laura asked curiously, she nibbled her lip as she looked at the two men; she had no idea what they could want but they both looked so serious and it worried her.

Billy looked at Sam for a moment before he turned his full attention back to Laura, he didn't want her thinking that she could mess around with a tribal protector when she was no longer a member of the tribe.

"I'm here to give you an official warning from the council," Billy murmured making Laura stare at him confused, she had no idea what was going on but she couldn't believe that she was in trouble; she racked her brain wondering what she had done.

"An official warning..." Laura asked checking that she had heard what Billy had said right, she looked between the two men and she couldn't think of what she had done.

Billy nodded his head, he had to make sure that Laura wasn't a threat to Paul's imprint, she needed to leave and he knew that this was the only way.

"I received word that you were causing trouble for certain tribal members and since you are no longer a tribal member having not lived on the reservation in over ten years, I have to ask you to stay away or face punishment," Billy continued watching Laura, he knew that she wouldn't risk it and the sooner that she left the area the better.

Laura stared at Billy and then at Sam, she hadn't come to cause any problem, she was happily married and had a life in Los Angeles; she knew that she wouldn't be coming back to La Push again.

***

The next stop on Billy and Sam's list was Daniel's house, they knew that he would be home and they needed to speak to him before he had another chance to cause problems for Paul and Sophia.

Sam knocked on the front door, they were sure that they had gotten through to Laura and they doubted that she would be much of a problem for them from now on.

Billy's main concern was Daniel, the man was a menace and when he had something on his mind then it was hard to talk him out of it; they didn't want any trouble for the pack or the imprints.

Carol opened the door and blinked confused, she stared for a moment wondering what the two men were doing outside of her home; it was clear that this was official council business.

"Is Daniel in? we need to speak to him," Billy announced making Carol slowly nod her head and allow them into her home, she hurried away to get her husband wondering what he had done to attract the attention of a council member and the tribal leader.

Billy and Sam moved into the living room, they were sure that it would take more than a warning to make Daniel back off; it wasn't like Paul was still living at home with him.

"Billy. Sam... what can I do for you?" Daniel asked walking into the room, he wasn't pleased with having Sam Uley in his home but he knew that if Billy was here then there was little he could do about it.

"I'm here to give you an official warning from the council," Billy said staring at Daniel, he hoped that this would be enough but he did have a trick or two up his sleeve; he was determined to make sure that there was no more problems.

Daniel stared at Billy, he didn't have to guess that it was related to what had happened with Paul; he frowned wondering what the pale-face had said to make this happen.

"You're giving me a warning... for what trying to protect my son?" Daniel snapped knowing that Carol was listening, he hadn't done anything wrong and he wasn't going to be punished for it.

Sam was the one that was messing with younger boys and turning them into people that they weren't; his son had been normal until he had started hanging around with him.

"You'll stay away from Paul and Sophia," Billy ordered firmly, they didn't want Paul phasing in front of his father; it wouldn't end well and they wanted to make sure that nothing like that ever happened.

Daniel could never be trusted to keep the tribal secret, it wouldn't matter that his son was a tribal protector; he would tell anyone that would listen to boost his own reputation.

"You can't enforce that," Daniel scoffed staring at Billy, he didn't know what Sophia had done to get the council approval but he felt disgusted that she had somehow got tribal status when her cousin was about to marry a Cullen.

Sam rolled his eyes, he hated dealing with Daniel and he hoped that Billy had something up his sleeve to make Daniel complain.

"I can... we wouldn't want anyone to find out about what happened on that fishing trip now would we Daniel," Billy mused smirking at Daniel, he knew that it would ruin his career if anyone found out what he had done.

Only several people knew what had happened on that trip and they were all sworn to secrecy since what Daniel had done was illegal and would cause him to go to prison.

Daniel stared at Billy, he wasn't sure if the man was being serious but he couldn't risk it; he slowly nodded his head, he had to think about his wife and daughter.

"So we have an agreement?" Billy asked casually, he looked at Sam who looked confused about what Billy was talking about; he was sure that it was something big if Billy was using it to threaten Daniel.

Daniel nodded his head, he didn't like the situation but he couldn't do anything about it; he knew that Billy had police connections and one word to the person would be all it took.

"Agreed," Daniel said, he glared at Billy knowing that he had won this round but it wasn't far yet.