Leaky Cauldron

The group of five stepped out of the fireplace with Professor Mcgonagll. She'd volunteered to go with them and help them get rooms. They expected to greeted by the loud bustling noises that are usually present in the Leaky Cauldron, but instead the pub was unusually quiet. The pub was mostly empty except for a few people sitting in their tables.

The marauders just simply followed the teacher to the front desk, while Lily was walking slightly slower then them. She had noticed one of the customers reading the Daily Prophet. Something on the piece of paper had caught her eye. The words "YOU KNOW WHO RETURNS" were written in big letters on the top of the newspaper. She made a mental note to tell the boys later.

Even though she's never really been close with the marauders, except for Remus, they're the only people that she can really rely on anymore. If she's going to have to be around those boys, might as well be friends with them too, maybe even James.

"Hello Tom, do you happen to have two rooms available?" McGonagall asked the man, she decided to give Lily her own room for privacy reasons and she remembers the girl hadn't gotten very close with the boys yet. That had started happening more around the end of 6th year. The last thing that she would want is for Lily to feel uncomfortable here, the circumstances are already quite bizarre anyways.

"I do Minerva," he handed her the keys. "And who are these lovely fellows?" He looks towards the group of teenagers.

Sirius was having a very serious competition of Rock, Paper, Scissors with James. Peter was being the commentator to the competition.

"And fellow lads, gals, and pals, welcome back, in todays competition we are watching a very serious game of Rock Paper Scissors, against some of the best players why have! And the only, by that's besides the point!" he said while making a stupid exaggerated voice.

It was quite obvious that Sirius was losing miserably, he kept on playing rock.  "This isn't fair, if the rock's big enough, it can easily destroy a pair of scissors!" Sirius whined while making a pouty face.

Remus rolled his eyes at the boys and smiled at Tom, "Sorry they're always this stupid." All three of the boys snapped their heads towards Remus before simultaneously saying, "NO WE'RE NOT" This time Remus whispered to him, "Me and Loretta are the nice ones here." Tom smiled at his statement. The group reminded him so much of a certain quartet that loved to cause havoc.

Unknown to the man, those five had been to the Leaky Cauldron hundreds of times. McGonagall kept her calm composure, in the inside she was smiling like an idiot. She'd missed seeing the group together. She'd missed it when all she had to worry about was what the marauders' next prank would be. "Just a few transfers Tom, they'll be staying here for a few days, before the year starts."

"Any luggage for us to take away?" Tom asked the woman. "No no" and with that McGonagall turned towards them and led them to their rooms.

"MR. BARNABY STOP TRYING TO HOP ONTOP OF MR. LEE'S BACK."

At this everyone was watching the group as they descended upstairs. Tom smiled, for the first time in a while, he felt genuinely happy. Which was rare during such dark times.
———————————————————————

Once everyone had settled in to their rooms, the marauders sharing one big room and Lily having her own room that's right across the boys'. Professor McGonagall started walked towards Sirius, "Mr. Black may I speak to you for a second."

Sirius walked towards his favorite professor smiling, "Yes, Minnie?" serious never really got to take a good look at her in the office, but up close he could really tell how much time flew by, she now had a lot more prominent wrinkles on her face, and there were many visible grey hairs along her tight, slicked back bun.Minerva rolled her eyes before reaching into her cloak, she pulled out a large bag full of galleons. She handed the bag to Sirius.

"Here, Dumbledore told me to do this but I suppose you'd be needing a few items for the year. I would let you go to Gringotts but the goblins are too smart to be fooled by even the strongest of glamour charms."

Now Sirius was really curious. Why would they need to hide from the world? Of course one of the reasons could be because of the fact that they're literally from the past and they used an ancient time turner to travel here, but Minnie made it sound like something awful would happen if the Wizarding world would know about them time traveling.

McGonagall could see the obvious curiosity on the boy's face. " I know you must be wondering why nobody's telling you what's going on in the future, and I promise you that I will tell you at some point during the year if Albus won't. He did forbid me to speak of it, but I think you and your friends have the to right know. Just maybe don't speak to Dumbledore about this conversation. Alright?"

Sirius nodded, which made Minerva smile at the boy. She turned towards the rest of the lot before saying, "I'll be heading out. Please owl me if you need anything."

And with that she apparated, leaving the group of students behind, four of them already having plans for their first thing to do at Diagon Alley.

Visit the Weasley twins' joke shop.
_______________________________
Next chapter's a fun one.

I have a question about this story actually...

Wolfstar? Yes or No