He Knows

A/N: the picture above makes it look like the dragon's shitting them out

"We're going to jump!" Harry yelled as he stared at the water underneath them. The dragon was flying over Loch Etive, a wide mountain range not far away from them, and it only grew large as they approached it.

"Yes!"

"Are you mental?"

"I'm starting to regret coming with you, Sirius."

"Hey!" Sirius playfully gave Regulus a glare, to which Regulus simply rolled his eyes.

"The water's going get too shallow if we dont jump now." Harry said again. He twisted his back to look over at eyes, he looked at him pointedly with his face pinched together from the light.

"Uhm, be careful."

Regulus looked at Harry weirdly, but then his face morphed into one of panic and realization. He remembered reading something about dangerous waters in the cave that he'd planned on going to, to retrieve the locket. Which was also where he most likely died.

"You don't mean I drowned?!?"

Harry ignored the question—although it was unintentional—he pulled his feet over to when side and held onto one of the dragon's scales with one hand.

"Guys! It was nice knowing you al-" James began to say but his words came to a halt because of an incredibly high pitched scream that escaped from his own mouth. He watched Harry fall with wide eyes and a hand over his mouth.

"What are waiting for? Go!" Hermione yelled as she and Ron both jump as well, her voice rang out as she fell, a loud splash echoed when they hit the water.

"On the count of three?" Peter asked, glancing at the others with a face that was as pale as a ghost.

"No, thank you." Remus said as he tapped Sirius's shoulder and then jumped off the dragon's back. Sirius quickly followed before, but not before grabbing Regulus's hand and dragging him down as well.

Soon enough, James, Lily, and Peter follow as well.

All of them hit the water loudly, a force pulling them back up the water only seconds later. All around gasps of air and coughing is heard along with the rippling sounds of the water. They all float over to the surface. Each of them struggling a bit to get on top due to the weight of their soaked clothes.

Harry was the last to get on top of the rocky terrain by the shore, but he got to his feet the fastest and sped over closer to the front of the group. He tilts his head once backwards and then back, his breath still unstable as he gasps out his words.

"He knows. You-know-who. He knows we're broke into Gringotts—he knows what we took—how Regulus is with us now—and he knows we're hunting horcruxes."

"How is it that he knows about us?" Regulus asks as he breaths heavily.

"I saw" Harry paused for a minute before realizing that Regulus doesn't know anything about him, or at least he presumes that he doesn't. So he continued by saying, "Mine and You-know-who's minds are connected by a cursed scar that he gave me."

Regulus only became more confused, but close to put the questions aside in the back of his mind to the growing pile of questions to ask. Perhaps it'd be easier to focus on the current situation instead.

"You let him in?" Hermione shrieked out, clearly unhappy with Harry's action.

"Hermione, I can't always help it." Harry replies in an attempt to explain himself.

"You've to try to, Harry." Lily says, in a much softer tone, yet it was still firm enough for Harry to shut his mouth.

"Never mind that. We've got more pressing matters. The dark lord knows that I've betrayed him." Regulus begins saying. Everyone turn back or to their left to look at Regulus when he says this. The group knew well of Regulus's betrayal in the future involving the locket. But they didn't understand what Regulus meant by this.