For Regulus

The pond wasn't that deep, though the person who would even attempt to reach, the deep end would be fully submerged.

"I'm going to go grab it. You two stay up here and keep a lookout." Harry announced. His eyes fixated on the flickering shine of the sword.

James shook his head in refusal. "No, I'll go get it you stay up here with Wormtail. It's far too cold."

"And it isn't for you?"

James went quiet after that, knowing that he lost this little argument.

Harry sent a  look to James and then dove after the sword without a second thought. He couldn't help it. The one thing that they did looking for was right in front of him.

"He definitely got that from Lily, mate." Peter said out loud.

"Got what?"

"Wits."

"Shut up."

"No."

James roughly pushed Peter by the shoulder. Making the other boy collide lately, into a block of ice.

"Bloody hell, I forgot how strong you were."

"Shhh." James shushed Peter is in order to concentrate better on Harry. Watching as he disappeared into the murky water. A few bubbles appearing.

Suddenly, a little zipped sound caught James attention. He then saw Harry's figure violently thrashing in the water. His arms flaying like a madman's.

Meanwhile Peter heard a rustle in the trees. The darkness made it quite difficult to get a clear image. Whatever was there— if there even was something—seemed to just blur into the background of the trees.

James's eyes widened, he turned to Peter and slapped his arm. Which easily caught the other boy's attention.

"Ow! What?" Peter rubbed his arm. James pointed a shaky finger at Harry—who was now floating to the surface.

"Harry!! He needs help."

James got out of the water and shivered at the cold breeze that washed over him. He grabbed Peter's hand and helped him up as well. They inched closer to Harry, careful not to break the ice they were crawling on, now getting a clearer vision of him through the ice.

Harry began banging loudly on the ice, signaling he was in fact stuck.

"Quick, break the ice!" James instructed.

"Just grab him from the already made holes, you idiot!"

Peter crawled over to a hole that was closest to Harry and stuck his arm into the water. He searched around for a second, trying to get a hold of Harry. When he finally runs into Harry's floating figure, he grasps onto what felt like his arm.

"I've got him!"

Together, the two pull Harry up and onto the ice.

Harry gasps a large amount of fresh air the moment he's taken out of the water. A shiver runs through his body and he peels open his eyes to taken in his surroundings.

Peter and James sitting by him at his left. And behind them was-

"Ron, Sirius, and Remus..." Harry says, making James and Peter turn around as well. And the boy was right, behind them was Ron, Sirius, and Remus. They were still standing on the grass, careful not to touch the ice. Though, Ron held the sword of Gryffindor in his hand.