Pre-Quidditch Match Conversations

It was now December and of the match against Slytherin. Ron walked anxiously across the great hall and to the seats where the marauders, Lily, Harry, and Hermione sat.

On one side of the table was Harry, Lily, James, and Hermione. On the other was Peter, Remus, Sirius, and an empty seat that was right next to Peter.

Harry merrily talked to James about quidditch strategies meanwhile Lily watched the father and son bond together with a book in one hand and a spoon in the other.

"I can't believe I get to play quidditch with my dad.", she heard Harry whisper to James.

Remus noticed Ron walk in with a face as if he was about to puke any second. He smiled at him hoping it would help distract him. Although, the boy's kind actions seemed to have not helped at all.

Ron watched the loud great hall fill with chatter and people talking about the match that was about to occur. His stomach churned slightly. Neville walked up towards him as he was exiting the hall and said, "You okay Ron?"

Before Ron could mutter a reply, Neville had already exiting the great hall.

Seamus ran up to his right and looked up at him. "I'm counting on you, Ron. I've got two Galleons on Gryffindor, yeah?"

Ron muttered a 'yeah' and weakly smiled at the boy as he ran off somewhere.

Ron sat down next to Peter, who was drinking a cup of pumpkin juice. Peter looked over at Ron from the corner of his eye and noticed the boy's uncomfortableness. "You alright, bud?"

Ron looked over at his friend at smiled with gratefulness. "Yeah."

"So how was it?", Ron asked Lily, Harry, and Hermione.

Hermione looked up from her copy of the daily prophet and at the boy. "How was what?"

"Your dinner party."

"Quite boring if I'm being honest." Lily answered.

James pouted. "You could've stayed with me."

"Darling, you know I only went because Harry was there. And Hermione."

Harry smiled at the two's exchange

"Though, I think Harry enjoyed dessert."

Harry's smile dropped immediately when he heard the words come out of Hermione's mouth.

Lily looked at Harry pointingly, "Do you and the little Weasley girl have something going on?"

Harry's eyes widened significantly. "What!?! No. No. Ginny's dating Dean Thomas."

Hermione, once again, looked up from her paper and commented, "Although, it doesn't seem like they'll be together for long."

The comment made Ron gape at her, and Sirius snort. Hermione's face turned beet red, "Did I say that out loud?!"

Remus nodded at her sympathetically.

James put a firm hand on Harry's shoulder, resulting in the boy's gaze divert to him. "It seems we're going to be having a talk about girls soon, my boy." He looked at Harry with a stern expression. Harry blushed and his eyes widened as he realized that his father was referring to, 'the talk'.

"Prongs! I don't think we need to talk about that." Harry told him.

"Oh, I think we do." James smirked.