"I've always wanted to ride a dragon!"

AN: yes, ik some of the spells in this chapter can only be used on objects, but im the author so you best believe they do now.

Regulus couldn't help but roll his eyes when he finally came across, the so-called, 'protection barrier', installed to catch any witch or wizard trespassing.

A waterfall? Really?

He'd expected something at least a bit more intimidating. Although, if that was the case, the potential criminal would easily identify the barrier to cross. A waterfall would be perfect as a barrier. Hidden in plain sight and effective.

He watched as the waterfall, that he is going to have to go through in a minute, passes underneath him. It was pretty clear of the tracks for leading him to it. Thankfully, the blaring red light of the cart finally stopped flashing. And was replaced with a soft yet bright yellow light.

Regulus could've sworn he would go blind from the bloody light if he had to look at it for any longer.

The small brooch that he found on the floor, still, being tightly held in his palm. It was a curious finding, considering the fact that he just seen Bellatrix Lestrange that day. Who seemed to be perfectly content to be torturing Muggles for the rest of the day. Another thing that made Regulus want to roll his eyes. You'd think that somebody who is supposedly one of  the Dark Lord's most trusted people, would have better things to do.

The cart made a sharp turn, which directly lead straight through the waterfall. Regulus's eyes widened at the sudden change. One second it was dark, and then the other he was 10 feet away from a giant waterfall.

He had to think of something fast. Even if he wasn't disguised, or had any enchantments on himself, the goblin that was sitting right next to him, was happened to be under Imperius curse.

An idea popped up in his head. He wasn't sure if it was going to work or not. But nonetheless, it was the only idea he had. Quickly, he slipped his wand down from his sleeve and to his hand,, and held it up. He muttered, "Diffindo".

The waterfall was barely a feet away from him now. Regulus closes his eyes, waiting for an impact while he's still held up his wand. To his surprise, he heard a sharp sound. His eyes flew open.

A crack opened in the waterfall, creating space, just big enough for the cart and him to go through. Regulus sighed in relief.

Apart from an unnecessarily sudden drop, the rest of the ride was surprisingly tame. As tame as it could get at least.

The ride stopped eventually in front of the entrance to another room. Regulus got of the cart and stepped to aside so the imperio-ed goblin could move to the front and lead him. The goblin robotically grabbed the door latch and pulled it open. Regulus eyes darted across the room as the door opened, although his entire body froze at the sight of a white dragon's tail.

He sighs under his breath as he takes in the sight of that was the dragon.

A massive-and quite beautiful-dragon was sitting on the floor, a chain around its neck, holding it down. If it wasn't for the uneven rigid breathing, Regulus would've assumed it was asleep.

He slowly took steps forward, into the room, making sure that he's still controlling the goblin to also follow his lead of taking quiet and calculated steps.

Regulus knew that he couldn't use any spells on the dragon even if he wanted to. Dragons are exceptionally powerful and known to be immune to many spell. And although Regulus knew he was quite a bright wizard, it would take an extremely powerful wizard or multiple wizards at once to have a spell affect the dragon in some way.