Chapter Sixty-Two

You were running. The sweat and heat on your body drenching you with fear. A BLU Spy was behind you. Running and running and running. You felt as though you couldn't last long. The dusty air scratched your lungs and you heaved, desperate for oxygen. A cackle filled the air. You could hear your mother screaming. You saw your dad's disapproving eyes. Your friends' blurred faces on their corpses watch you as you run, judging you.

Blood was everywhere. You could hear the screams of your teammates overtake your mother's. You felt a pit in your stomach and ran to hide on your side of the battleground, Upward. Click, click, click, click! You could hear the Spy's shoes hit the floor, the sound of his breathing following you. In front of you was yourself, but dressed in BLU. A knowing smirk was on her face as she waved to you.

You couldn't move. It was all too much. The breathing got closer and closer. Something was placed over your mouth. You tried not to breathe, but you were running for too long. You needed air. You struggled and struggled, writhing in the BLU Spy's grasp. It didn't work. You saw the room tilt and spin as if you were on a boat. It all went dark, a scream piercing your ear.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

You woke up with a start in your bed, gasping and heaving for air. Your eyes were wide, you could feel them sting as the sweat on your forehead dripped into them. Your chest was rising and falling, your lungs hurt from being stretched. Your hands were clammy, gripping your sheets as if they were keeping you alive. Your eyes searched around the room. Nothing out of the ordinary. Was I captured? Or was it a dream?

Not thinking straight, you were afraid you were stuck in the BLU base. You shakily got up, your legs wobbling as if you had run four miles. You checked outside of your room, thankfully you saw red accents along the top of the walls. You heaved a sigh of relief, not living it for long before you started a coughing fit.

You tried to force yourself not to think about it, but it wasn't working. It just wasn't working. BLU Spy? Your mom, dad, and friends? ...The other you? What does it all mean? Surely it was just a bad dream, right? I don't even remember how I got into my room to begin with. You tried to think back to last night, and the memory washed over you. Oh. Demo must have set me down here.

You took a deep breath and shakily walked over to the sink. Flipping the light on, you saw your hair cling to your face, drenched in sweat. Your energy was gone entirely. You also looked like death... or like a banshee more like it.

You let out a groan of despair at what you have seen in your dreams. You couldn't bear to relive it. What time is it? You shuffled over to the nightstand. It read 4:03 AM. How could you go to sleep again after that? A whimper materialized in your throat. You couldn't even mentally scorn yourself for it. Your room felt suffocating, so you left.

Gently making your way down the hall to the living room, you collapsed onto the couch. It was so dark... the couch was so soft...NO! You could absolutely not fall asleep again. With a raspy sigh, you decided to go see if Medic had anything to help you. It's a really bad idea for me to wake him up... I don't want to wake Engie up either... shit man...

Despite your thoughts, you trudged onward. You stopped yourself from entering the Medbay doors once you got there, unsure of whether to go in or not. He was the one who didn't tell me about the risk. No, that was the contract. What else can I accomplish like this? With a small grunt of effort, you pushed the doors open.

All you could hear was the ruffling of feathers and soft coos. Something flew past you, scaring you a bit. You jumped, but didn't have the energy to yelp. All you could see were the lights of the machines illuminating the floor for you. You felt something perch on your shoulder and headbutt your cheek. Archimedes. You stroked his head with very little energy.