Chapter Thirty-One

When you woke up the next morning and sat up, your shoulder screamed in agony.

"Ow! Shit!" You cried, holding it as you leaned over. Fuck! What the hell man? It aches so much!

Almost stumbling, you got out of bed and stood up, lightly holding your shoulder. You looked in the mirror and grimaced. The bandage Engie put on you was worn out after just one night. Oh come on!

You took it off as gently as you could, every pull and tug sending a new spark of pain. By the time you got it off, you had to blink tears out of your eyes. You checked it in the mirror, it was red, sore, and starting to heavily bruise. You've got to be kidding me! How strong can someone be. ... At least it wasn't Heavy. The memory of what Engie told you last night played in your head:

"Just try to make up with the Doc, you have no idea what it's like to be ignored when you need help."

True, but he also said that this bandage should hold until the end of today.... Well, now that the bandage's off. I really should take a shower. I think Engie said he's training me today and I don't know how well that can go sweat and stink wise. Gross. Anyway.

You ran the water and gently pried your clothes off around your bruise. This meant you were really doing everything one-handed. With your pajamas in a pile in the corner by the sink and the water warmed, you stepped into the shower and almost instantly regretted it. The water from the shower head pierced your shoulder like swords, and you hissed through your teeth.

Tears blurred your vision. Imagining the horrors of stumbling and falling, you kept still and slowly turned your body to make your hurt shoulder not as hit by the water. However, your right eye was closed to keep from water directly hitting it. You debated whether to skip the shower: Should I get out? I don't know if this is good for my shoulder. No, I have to. It'd be a waste of time and water if I don't follow through with it.

Grabbing the shampoo from the rack Ms. Pauling gave you, you put some of it directly onto your head and started to wash your hair with your good, right arm. You slowly but surely got your hair washed and conditioned, but had to take a small break because your arm was getting tired. Alright, now I have to clean my shoulder... I'll clean it last.

You grabbed your wash cloth/shower scrubber and put soap on them. Then you cleaned everything but your shoulder and quickly rinsed off by turning in circles. You, as gently as you could, grazed the soap over your hurt shoulder. It hurt, but not as much as it could have. You then turned to the water, rinsing it off. You only lasted about five seconds before you had to turn back from the pain. You rinsed your hair one last time before finally turning off the shower and stepping out. You dried yourself off with your good arm and rung out your hair.

After you were dry enough, you walked out to put on your uniform. Eventually, you managed to get ready with the help of one hand and minimal help from your left. You looked in the mirror. Your hair was plastered to your face in weird streaks from trying to get your clothes on mostly one-handed. Your shoulder felt like crap. You were breathing heavily, and your clothes needed to be adjusted. You walked into your bathroom and combed your wet hair as best as you could.

I don't want to talk to him. That's the problem. The creep of a doctor can't fucking let me get a glass of water when I need it. It's infuriating how he feels the need to be overbearing like this! I thought Spy would be the one that can't tolerate me. Bunch of bull-FUCK!

You had accidentally tugged at a knot in your hair. You had to slowly comb through it, but it still pulled at the brush. You stared at yourself. There were dark circles under your eyes, you looked like a mess, and you felt like you were hanging on by a thread. I just hope no one cuts my string, or else I might fall apart. I look really tired.