Chapter Seventy-Four

"Let's go!" Scout jumped in excitement, earning a subtle, slightly scolding look from Spy. You smirked at that slightly. "Three ta zero, easy win!" He pumped the air.

"Yes. Now," Spy smirk formed... in an almost unnatural way. "I propose we clean up our spoils." The men around him started chuckling and cracking their knuckles. You saw that their weapons were glowing red with sparks around it, but before you could ask-

"I claim BLU Strats!" Scout burst out and started running.

"NEGATIVE! I WILL GET THE REVENGE!" Soldier started chasing after him. The rest of the team took one look at each other before following them. You watched Medic smile evilly, but this time it was more... out of control. He looked at you, something in his eyes, before outpacing the others.

You were left in the intel room... feeling a little bit worried. What was that? His eyes... he seemed unhinged. You tried to control your shudder while you made your way out of the room.

You crossed the bridge into the other base and decided to head down to the other intel room. Maybe you could get some information or something... but in reality you were hoping the BLU Engineer hasn't been killed yet. You made your way into the room, hearing some kind of scuffle upstairs. Trying to ignore it, you pulled out your swiss army knife. It was glowing as well. You could hear it spark. You put it away as you scanned the room. That was when you saw him, hiding not so well in a corner by his deactivated sentry.

"I was hoping to find you here," you announced yourself. He spun around.

"Well, get it over with," he snapped at you, agitated. He must be scared out of his mind.

"I'm not going to?" You laughed slightly at him and you saw his eyebrows raise.

"Whatever twisted game yer playin'... I suppose I deserve it." You shook your head.

"I guess I didn't make it clear that I'm not going to kill you or even hurt you. I just wanted to talk."

"Yeah. 'Talk.'"

"I promise you I don't plan to hurt you. I'm not my counterpart." You laughed dryly, earning a confused Texan.

"If ya want intel, ya already got it."

"That's not it either. I just wanted to ask if you were okay, and if you wanted to sit."

"This is a battlefield, not some tea party." He crossed his arms and you laughed.

"You made sure I was fully aware of that." You peered up at him with a smirk, watching him fumbling with his words. "It's so weird how you're just like my Engineer, yet so different." He stopped, pausing, and then nodded.

"Well, between you and me, I already like ya better than your counterpart there." You laughed and sat down. He cautiously came and sat down in front of you.

"What's she like?" You asked hesitantly, and he sighed.

"How do I put this? Uh, rude fer one," you both laughed. "Jokes aside, she's very cold, calculated. She has no respect for anyone except herself. That's as far as I'll go though, don't want her findin' out I said nothin.'" You nodded.

"She sounds like a piece of work. Glad I'm not like that..." You hesitantly laughed, and the Engineer peered at you.

"I always thought you two would be the most alike. That's why I had no respect fer ya."

"Yeah, I could see that. Sometimes, I worry if I'm more of a burden to my team than someone who actually does their job. After all, I have no family anymore..." You trailed off after catching yourself. "Can we keep that between you and me? If I keep your secret, you mean?" He chuckled and nodded.