Chapter Eighty-Nine

You woke up as you felt your body shift against your will. You tilted your head and watched Heavy's eyes slowly open. His eyebrow raised before his eyes slowly traveled down to meet yours. You smiled at him and watched him exhale loudly through his nose, giggling when the corners of his mouth curled up into a small smile.

Wordlessly, he placed a hand on your back and helped you sit up with him. As the blanket slipped off, you instinctively rubbed your arms, now cold. In response, Heavy wrapped the blanket around your shoulders.

"Thank you," you spoke in a groggy voice, wrapping yourself tightly and leaning yourself against him.

"It is no problem," Heavy responded in a somehow deeper voice than you've ever heard him use before. "It is time to get up." You spotted the light under his door.

"You're right, Heavy." You groaned, causing Heavy to chuckle.

"Da." He helped you stand as you shifted off of the bed, your knees wobbling precariously for a moment as they hit the floor. When was the last time I slept this well?

All Heavy had to do was lean forward slightly and he was up, steadying you with a strong yet surprisingly gentle grip on your arms. As the strength returned to your legs, you stepped back and stretched, still holding on to the heavy blanket with one hand.

"Sleep well?" Heavy asked with a knowing smile, and you couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"That obvious?" You readjusted the blanket upon your shoulders. Heavy nodded. "It was honestly the best I've slept in a long time." Heavy's smile grew. You shifted slightly, noting the time on the clock on the dresser where your computer was. "Well, I should go get ready. Would it be alright if I gave this back to you once I'm done?"

"That is fine." You turned towards the door as he nodded, opening it to find Soldier with his fist raised ready to knock.

You watched in surprise as Soldier's helmet wobbled up and down, mirroring his gaze switching from you to Heavy's symbol above the door.

"Sold-?" You tried to speak.

"This is not your room," Soldier stated flatly, but not loudly as he typically does.

"And-?"

"What are you doing in Heavy's room?" Your eyes met Soldier's under his helmet, confused and alarmed at this sudden stern yet quiet tone he was using. You shifted nervously.

"Is something problem?" Heavy asked calmly with a slight edge you did not miss. You felt his presence behind you as he loomed over both you and Soldier. Soldier stiffened up, clearing his throat.

"No sir! Breakfast is served." With a quick turn, Soldier marched off towards the kitchen. Heavy let go a rumbling sigh. You turned your head back at him, smiling when you locked eyes. After a quick pat on his arm and a quick "thank you," you then left for your room and closed the door behind you.

Once you had completed a quick search for a Spy, you took a shower and got dressed. Where are we going today for the tour? You had gently folded the blanket before you left towards the kitchen, fully dressed and for once well-rested.

You dropped it off to Heavy and made your way to the table where everyone except you two were eating. You felt their eyes on you as you fixed a plate for breakfast and sat down. Your eyes scanned the faces of your teammates in confusion. They all seemed hesitant to look at you, but not hesitant enough to leave you alone.

You could see Engie's grip on his utensils look a little tighter than normal, Demo kept glancing from his plate to you in what looked like denial, and the others refused to make eye contact. You tried your best to fight the impulse to look at Medic, but lost. Upon your eyes reaching his face, you discovered that he was already staring directly at you, and your eyes locked. He looked as though he were puzzled by something, but you couldn't imagine what.