Two

02

02. Shape Shifted

The light of the moon shone in through the slightly open curtains of the balcony doors, which was the only light in the room

The light of the moon shone in through the slightly open curtains of the balcony doors, which was the only light in the room. Some of the jewellery sitting on the bedside table was shining from the light of the moon. The balcony doors opened slightly sending a small breeze into the room as someone slipped into the room trying to be as quiet as possible. Most nights, this person had been sneaking into the house and into the room loving the feeling of watching a smile on the sleeping person's face as they wrapped their arms around them.

Derek Hale gently laid down in the bed, resting his leather jacket over the chair as well as placing his shoes beside the bed. He draped a blanket over Isabella's sleeping figure before wrapping his arm around her pulling her closer towards him. Isabella moved slightly, feeling the warmth radiating from Derek like he was a personal heater, constantly warm, which was perfect for Isabella since she was constantly cold. Derek let a small smile appear on his lips as Isabella let her head rest near his exposed chest and let one of her hands sit comfortably on his chest.

"Hi" Isabella whispered, her voice full of sleep.

"Hey" Derek whispered back "Shh, just go back to sleep, or get comfy, but I guess you already have"

Isabella hummed softly, feeling Derek's fingers threading with her own "What time is it?"

"Early, really early" Derek whispered "Just go to sleep, Belle"

"Stay" Isabella whispered as she slowly felt the darkness take over "Stay. Please just say, don't leave"

As Isabella fell back into the slumber she was once under, Derek pulled her closer than she was before till she was practically laying on him. He knew that they were really complicated at the moment but Derek couldn't deny that his feelings for Isabella were getting stronger and stronger everyday that he couldn't deny them anymore. He wanted nothing more than to tell Isabella how he felt but he didn't want to wreck whatever they had because he knew that Isabella always struggled with the whole idea of commitment since everyone had left her or betrayed her at some point. Gently Derek lifted up Isabella's wrist and let his fingers trace over the three stars tattooed on her wrist, they were now fully filled in meaning the mate bond was complete and they were completely connected. Any pain that the two were under they would both feel as well as emotions if they opened it up to each other, and the main thing, Isabella couldn't mask her scent anymore.