Five

Muted

Muted

For what seemed like the first time in forever, Isabella actually felt calm and happy for once

For what seemed like the first time in forever, Isabella actually felt calm and happy for once. After everything that had happened to them all, Isabella was actually enjoying the small amount of quiet they were getting for a little while. Wrapped up in Derek's arms, while he slept was something Isabella would never forget, but there was just one problem, she couldn't sleep. No matter how hard she tried, Isabella couldn't fall into the dreamfull slumber that her body was definitely craving. At first Isabella through being in Derek's hold would help, feeling the warmth that would come from him would help her fall into the dreams that her body was craving, where she dreamed of a life that was completely different to this one, dream of happy things where they weren't hounded by a new supernatural creature when everything was just quiet in Beacon Hills. Instead Isabella was wide awake, looking up at the ceiling and letting her mind run freely, while also trying not to move a lot so Derek didn't wake up and wonder why Isabella was still awake.

However, Derek was awake, and had been awake since Isabella first moved since Derek always knew the first movement from Isabella in a while almost always meant she was awake. He pretended to be asleep, guessing Isabella didn't want to wake him so she was being as gentle as possible enjoying being in his hold. The couple always felt as if everything was pulling them apart, so any moment that they got they both took it and tried to do anything they could to savour the moments that they got together. After a while, Isabella finally moved and rested her head on Derek's chest, draping an arm over his stomach feeling Derek's hold strengthen on her as she he thought she was getting up. Isabella smiled softly, kissing his chest softly closing her eyes, actually relaxing in the hold she was in, slightly happy that she was finally with Derek again and not laying in bed by herself wondering what the hell was happening to Derek.

"Why are you not sleeping?" Derek questioned, his voice incredibly raspy as if he had actually just woken up, but to Isabella the voice was incredibly sexy.

Isabella didn't reply to Derek and just kissed his chest again, this time peppering a couple of kisses on his chest. She was hoping to distract Derek from asking her why she was awake and would put two and two together that Isabella had gotten next to no sleep since they finally collapsed in bed the night before. But, Derek knew Isabella better than she knew herself and he could see through everything she did.