Fourteen

A Promise To The Dead

One reason Isabella definitely hated having Braden living at the loft, and pretty much knowing everything about her was that Braden could see past anything

One reason Isabella definitely hated having Braden living at the loft, and pretty much knowing everything about her was that Braden could see past anything. Even when she woke up and saw Isabella and Derek wrapped up in each other's arms, still definitely asleep, and the new hickies that were on Isabella's neck. A smirk made its way onto Braden's lips knowing the couple could never be made at each other for long and they always somehow managed to make up no matter how crazy or insane the argument or fall out was.

Before Braden left, she snuck over to the bed, and gently started shaking Isabella awake. Braden didn't know what brought her over to waking Isabella up to say she was leaving, but something inside her did. At first, Isabella didn't move a muscle because she was so in a deep sleep, but after a couple of attempts Isabella finally started moving. It was a simple groan, and mumble but it gave Braden exactly what she needed.

"Got a call" Braden whispered softly to Isabella, keeping in mind that Derek was sleeping behind her "Could take most of the day to deal with"

"They're a shit person for waking you up" Isabella mumbled incredibly sleepy, her eyes were still closed but it was very obvious that she was awake.

"Didn't you used to say out till this time partying?" Braden questioned, putting her boots on at the same time as she was talking to Isabella "Sometimes even later than this"

Isabella opened one eye and pretty much glared practical daggers at Braden "Okay, who are you my mother?"

Braden couldn't help but let out a small laugh at that, instantly breaking down the walls that she had spent practically years building up becoming the mercenary that everyone intended her to be.

"Do you need me to be your mother?" Braden questioned "Because I could easily pick up the role for you"

"That's... no... God" Isabella stuttered, not actually knowing what to say to Braden about her becoming her mother and picking up the role "Just go be scary and ugh"

"Okay, okay" Braden said, stepping away from the bed "I'll go be scary and ugh"

****