Six

Riddled

Riddled

Restless nights had apparently become second nature to Isabella to the point most nights she didn't even sleep

Restless nights had apparently become second nature to Isabella to the point most nights she didn't even sleep. Even when she was wrapped up in Derek's arms and her head was comfortably rested on his chest, Isabella was wide awake. The loft was pretty dark since the couple decided to throw a large sheet over the huge window that shone the moonlight into the room almost directly where their bed was. No matter how many times Isabella tried to fall asleep, she couldn't, her mind just wouldn't shut off. Isabella felt as if something was wrong, something wasn't adding up and the pit in her stomach was growing bigger by the second. At first Isabella wondered if that was the reason why she couldn't sleep and instead was just listening to Derek breath slowly as he slept through the night as if he didn't have a care in the world.

However, Isabella's gut feeling was right, something was wrong and something definitely wasn't adding up. Scott had been woken up quite abruptly by a phone call from Stiles about him being lost somewhere. His phone was about to die and Stiles had a strong feeling that somebody else was in the dark room with him and he was hurt, but Scott didn't know how badly.

Suddenly, Isabella found herself slowly nodding off until she had finally fallen asleep, resting her head against Derek's chest. She was pressed pretty up close against Derek's side and his arms were wrapped securely around her body as if he didn't want to let her go for nothing. Her breath had become slow and more relaxed and for the first time in a while Isabella looked relaxed, more relaxed than she had been in the past. Derek peaked open his eyes for a second looking down at Isabella making sure that she was asleep before opening his eyes fully. Making it seem like he had been sleeping had become second nature to Derek, when in reality Derek had been watching Isabella while she stayed awake trying to figure out what was wrong with Isabella.

Derek spent most of the night just watching Isabella as she slept and sometimes even moved closer to Derek. He felt jealous because something had happened with Isabella and someone else and she wasn't spilling but he had to remind himself that he was the one that she was sleeping beside. However, the moment of peace was broken by the sound of the alarm going off making him curse because he didn't want to wake up.