Four

Abomination

Abomination

Isabella couldn't sleep that night

Isabella couldn't sleep that night. No matter how many times she tried she couldn't fall into dreamland like she wanted to. Although she wasn't hurt physically Isabella still felt like her heart had been ripped out and crushed right in front of her, from the same problem as she had dealt with before. Someone chose power over her. For the millionth time that night Isabella rolled over letting her eyes fall onto the locked balcony doors as she let her memories take over remembering how he would always walk through them before crawling into bed with her and letting her cuddle into him. As much as Isabella didn't want to miss that feeling since it hadn't even been a night yet.

With every fibre in his body Derek stopped himself from prying open the locked balcony doors and wrapping Isabella up in his arms. Instead he watched as she stayed awake staring at the ceiling and sometimes letting out random sighs as she tried to fall asleep but she couldn't. It almost became a routine for Derek to sneak into Isabella's room but tonight it was so different and Derek hated it and just wanted everything to go back to normal. He wanted to prove that he wasn't choosing power over her, Derek just couldn't get his words out. It killed him watching Isabella cry over something stupid that he said but no matter what Derek couldn't find the words to talk to Isabella, plus he had no idea if she would actually hear him out.

****

Derek threw Isaac at the wall for the fifth time like a paper bag, not moving from his spot as he did it. The Alpha had been pretty irritated ever since his problem with Isabella and the beta's could see it as clear as day. However, Derek had been blaming all of his pent up anger on anything else than what happened with Isabella. What killed Isaac's dad, the Argent's and how bad his beta's were during their training. Derek wanted some strong competition but his beta's were using the oldest tricks in the books to sneak up on him which wasn't giving him the best opponent.

What made matters worse was Isabella always came to the rundown train station when Derek was never there. He had a feeling she would wait for Isaac to text when he wasn't there so she could give him his school work and then quickly disappear before he came back. It was killing Derek not being able to talk to Isabella but he wasn't going to apologise to Scott because he didn't feel like he had done anything wrong. But if Derek wanted one thing, it would be to have five minutes to talk to Isabella, just five minutes to make sure that she was okay.