The Death and Comeback of Monkey D. Luffy

"Yahahahahaha! What's wrong, Straw Hat? You seemed confident to beat me." The notorious pirate Marshall D. Teech, also known as Blackbeard, commented as he held the captain of the Straw Hats, Monkey D. Luffy, in his grasp.

You see, not a little while ago, the Straw Hats made it to Laugh Tale island, the place that housed the legendary treasure known as the One Piece that made the late Gol D. Roger into the King of the Pirates.

However, as soon Luffy got the treasure and they left, the crew was immediately attacked by the Blackbeard Pirates and their fleet of ships. Seeing how the pirate wanted the One Piece, Luffy didn't give it up without a fight.

After a long fought battle, the Straw Hats couldn't defeat their enemies. Even with his Fifth Gear, Luffy couldn't take Blackbeard down as the latter nullified his Devil Fruit power before beating the captain to a blood pulp.

"Luffy!" Pirate Empress Boa Hancock cried out as she, Nami and Robin were being hold hostage by Catarina Devon, who was using her Devil Fruit power to hold them as a nine-tailed fox.

If you ask why she's with them, here's the short story: Amazon Lily, the Maiden Island, got invaded by the Marines and Blackbeard Pirates and attack the Kuja Pirates including Hancock, making her being injured from the incident.

After that, she traveled to find Luffy with her sisters, who asked him if their sister could join him for some time so she wouldn't put the island in danger, to which he agreed. They wouldn't tell that she would get involved in something like this.

"God damn it! This just had to happen after we left that place..." Zoro said as he, Sanji, Chopper, Usopp and Brook were being held down by Jesus Burgess while blood dripped from his forehead.

"Luffy-kun!" Straw Hat crewmate Jimbei yelled as he tried to get to the boy, but former Admiral now member of the Blackbeard Pirates Kuzan froze the fishman's body to stop him.

"Damn it... let me go, you stupid giant baby! This is not super!" Franky shouted at Sanjuan Wolf, who was holding the cyborg in his hands.

"Heeeey. I'm not a baby. I'm a giant." Wolf replied.

Back on the ship, Blackbeard slammed Luffy down to the deck of the ship, which caused the box that contained the One Piece to fall out of his pocket.

Seeing the box made Blackbeard grin as he turned to the item.

"Well, well. What do we have here?"

Luffy saw Blackbeard pick up the box which made him angry.

"No! Stop! I got the One Piece! It means that I'm the new King of the Pirates!" The boy shouted, only causing the man to grin even more.

"Oh, really? Well. Too bad, Straw Hat! The One Piece... is mine now! Which means that I'M the new King of the Pirates! Yahahahahahahaha!" Blackbeard laughed as he placed the box into the pocket of his black jacket.

"You bastard!"

"Hm... say, Straw Hat. Why don't I gift you something for giving this to me?" He said before crazy smile appeared on his face.

"How would you feel if you could meet your brother, Ace, again? I bet he would be happy to see you again."

Just how he causally said his brother's name and how it had to come out of his name infuriated him.

"Keep Ace's name... out of your damn mouth!"

"Yahahahaha! Anyway, enough of this chitchat." Blackbeard stated before pulling the gun on his belt.

Seeing him pull the gun out on their captain made them shocked.

"Oi, oi... he-he's not gonna do it, is he?" Usopp asked in nervousness and shock like the rest of them.