Running the Gauntlet

"Shoko Todoroki is out of commission! Midoriya D. Izuku is the winner!" Midnight announced on the TV as the audience cheered for Izuku's victory.

"He did it!" Usopp and Chopper both cried out as they hugged each other while crying tears of joy. Robin just giggled at their actions, while Hancock was cheering in joy and glee for Izuku's victory.

"Luffy... you won!" Zoro commented with a smirk as he saw their reincarnated captain win the Sports Festival.

"Although I am happy he won... what do we really he call him now? Izuku, or Luffy?" Nami stated as they were now very confused on what to call their reincarnated captain now.

"We'll call him by his new name now, Izuku. If we go and call him Luffy, people will think we're crazy and it'll raise suspicions." Sanji replied.

"That makes sense..."

"We're not done yet!" Midnight's voice spoke out as the Straw Hat Crew and Hancock turned to the screen.

Back in the stadium, everyone who was cheering for Izuku's win was now confused at to what the R-Rated Hero was saying.

"I know that we host three events in the Sports Festival, but... I know that isn't enough for you all. So, I propose a fourth event, the last one! Who's up for it?!" The audience roared with cheers and praise as they felt like they didn't want the festival to stop.

"Looks like we're not done yet, audience! What will this fourth and true final event!" Present Mic announced while Aizawa looked below with curious eyes.

"I wonder what she plans to do..."

Midnight then snapped her whip as the spinning wheel hologram appeared and spun once more.

"For this fourth event, it's... this!" The wheel stopped as the event it picked was called, "The Gauntlet".

"The gauntlet...?" Denki questioned in total confusion.

"What does that mean?" Sero asked.

"I'll explain! Midoriya will be facing an opponent, and that opponent is someone from the stands that wishes to challenge him. It can be someone from the prelims or it can be an actual Pro Hero that wishes to challenge him! It will be a never-ending battle for him! And if Midoriya happens to lose against an opponent, they will take his place as winner of the Sports Festival! Ring outs will not also count!" Midnight explained the event and how it worked before snapping her whip once more.

"Now, which one of you would like to challenge Midoriya first?"

Everyone was silent when they heard Midnight's words. After seeing his matches, they didn't feel like they were up to the challenge. But a certain someone felt like it.

"I'll go first!" Everyone looked to see that Kirishima said that. The Hardening Quirk user jumped off the bleachers before activating his Quirk to hard his body, just as he crashed into the ground before getting up out of the rubble he caused.

 The Hardening Quirk user jumped off the bleachers before activating his Quirk to hard his body, just as he crashed into the ground before getting up out of the rubble he caused