Chapter 4 - Issues

⚠️TW⚠️
Flashbacks
Trauma
Abuse
Panic attacks
Insomnia

⚠️(This chapter has a lot of metal health TW's so if your no comfortable with that then I'll write a summery at the bottom of the chapter)⚠️
————
JULIETTE'S POV:
As soon as Aaron shuts the canteen's door I get a message.

Aaron:
How's it going? Come up with a story to tell everyone? Would you like me to send you some inspiration? 😏😘

I look at the door he just walked out of then message back.

Me:
You asshole! 😡

I see Kenji peek over and look at my phone seeing the messages. He chuckles. "So lover boy has a sense of humour" he says so everyone can hear. "What?" Adam says. "It doesn't matter" I quickly respond. Kenji sees the new message Aaron sends before I do.

Aaron
Or... you could say nothing and come see me 😏😉

"Eww, no! Burn my eyes out!" Kenji says, covering his face. "Oh stop being so dramatic" I huff. "I think I'm being reasonably calm about seeing you and your boyfriend's flirty messages!" He says. "Kenji I swear- shut up!" I hissed embarrassed.

Aaron:
They aren't giving you a hard time, are they love?

I start stressing, Adam is looking at me with anger in his eyes, Kenji is shouting and everything becomes too much. My hands start to shake. I'm suddenly aware that Aaron's not here and that's the final straw, I message him say:

Me:
I don't know Aaron, I need to calm down. I'm stressed, I'm shaking, I'm finding it harder to breathe. I'm panicking. Help me!

Aaron:
I'm coming, sweetheart.

When I read that he rushed through the door then speedily walked over and sat down next to me, where he was sitting before. He kisses my head and pulls me into his chest, he completely ignores the stares from the other people around the table.

My breathing picks up "it's okay sweetheart, you okay" he says to me kissing my cheek. My whole body starts shaking and my vision turns blurry, my eyes spill tears and my hands clench his shirt. "W-what's going on?" Someone asks, I don't pay attention to who though. The memories, the pain, they all come back to me. I gasp for air and cling to Arron's shirt tighter.

He's there, him! My so-called father, he's looking at me like I'm a monster. "What have you done!" He screams at me. "I-I I didn't" I cry out. "You didn't! You didn't, are you still going to stand there and say that you've done nothing wrong? Your mother now has to clean up all of the spilt water!" He comes closer whilst shouting. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry" I sob. He hits me and the world goes black.

As I come back to reality I feel terrified, I've been feeling that a lot lately and I don't like it. "Love, can you hear me?" I hear Aaron's voice, he sounds so worried. "Aaron" I cry out. "I'm here my love, I'm here" I calm down knowing he's there, I still can't open my eyes so I take some more deep breaths till they open for me.

The first thing I see is Aaron's eyes looking at me, they look so scared. I look around, we are in the same place but I'm sitting on Aaron's lap and he's holding me so close.

"I-I'm okay" I sniffled. "Darling, did it happen again?" He asks. These flashbacks are something that have been happening regularly recently. "Y-yeah" I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "Maybe you should go back to our room and chill out for today" he kissed my head. "N-no I have so much to do" I snuggle closer into his chest. "Sweetheart you haven't had a rest since the battle, you can have a day off." He sighs knowing how I have rarely been able to sleep since the battle due to my nightmares. "You know if I did that I'd end up in this position again." I say. "I'm going to get you some help, okay, you won't feel like this forever. Just please, love, you need to rest. You're so stressed that it gave you a flashback. I won't let you work like that, it's not fair on you" he sounds so desperate. I just nod letting the pain consume me. Letting it ride itself out. Giving it the power to pass through me and you exit once it's done.

And it dose exit after a few minutes, I let out a breath of relief and look up at Aaron and give him a smile as if to tell him 'I'm okay now, you don't need to worry'. He responds with a kiss to my lips and after I bury my face into him neck. "Are you tiered my love?" He asks in a hushed tone. "Yes. I won't sleep though, I can't go through that back-to-back" I groan. "I know sweetheart but you need to sleep, you haven't slept more than three hours since the war, you need a rest" his voice shaking slightly with concern. "Three hours! J, it's been nearly a month since the war, you have to sleep!" Kenji looks at me seriously. "I can't, it's not like I'm choosing not to sleep." I say slightly angry. I'm easily riled up due to the lack of sleep. "Juliette why can't you sleep?" Castle asks. "Nightmares. Horrible nightmares. Painful, physically and mentally." I clench Aaron's hand as I speak. "I can feel the pain in them, the gunshot wound, the pain from starvation and dehydration. I'm sorry but whenever I sleep I'm re-living torture, I can't do that every night" I whimpered. "Juliette whenever I have a nightmare and I'm scared I think of what my life will be like when I'm older and how all of this won't matter then, it'll all be over. I fall sleep going to this place where I'm happy" James smiles at me. I look to him and smile back. "Thank you James, honestly that's really going to help me. I'll try that and I'll tell you how it goes." I say truly believing that it was a good idea. "Aaron, do you think it's okay if, just for today, you stay in our room with me?" I ask looking up to him. "Of course my love. Anything you need you shall get" he smiles to me. "Would you like to go now?" He asks. I just nod and he stands up putting me down and holding my hand. "Bye" I say to everyone. "Get we'll soon!" James says. "Sleep!" Kenji says. "Try not to worry" Castle says.

****************
Summary:

Juliette has a flashback and everyone finds out that she has regular flash backs and panic attacks and she's only slept 3 hours since the battle with Anderson a month ago.
————
Word count: 1156