Chapter 71 - Bloodshed

⚠️TW⚠️
Injury/illness details
Trauma
War
Blood
Passing out
Talk/mention of death
Talk/mention of killing
————
AARON'S POV:
Me, Kenji, Castle and Adam have been looking for Juliette for about an hour now.

We come across a run down house, a trail of blood led inside.
"Oh gosh-" I say, hoping I'm wrong about thinking that the blood belongs to the girl we are looking for, my love - Juliette.

"What is it, Warner?" Kenji asked.
"Look, blood." I point to the trail and Kenji's eyes land on it within seconds. "Shit" he swore.

We rush inside, following the dropped blood. It leads us into a little room, and just like that, Juliette was sat, up against a wall, bleeding and barely conscious.

"Juliette!" I called. Her head turned to look at me, she smiled at me, so acutely that it was almost unseen.
"You came." She croaked.
"Love, we need to get you home." I rushed to her side and picked her up, carrying her to the others, so they wouldn't be searching when I've already found her.
"Guys I've got her!" I call, they all turn and see the condition of the girl I'm holding.

"J..." Kenji says whilst looking sad.
"We need to get her back to base" Castle spoke, cold air hit with the warmer breath coming from his mouth, forming a slight white smoke, showing just how freezing it actually was out here.
Juliette shivered in my arms, I took off my jacket and wrapped her up in it, trying my hardest to subside as much of her pain and discomfort I possibly could.
"We'll get you in bed, under the covers, nice and warm. Then I can clean up your wounds and Sonya and Sara can make sure you're okay." I tell her, she only nods as a response - I can sense, and see, how utterly exhausted she is.

We all take off towards base, rushing, trying to get Juliette out of the cold as fast as possible.
————
When we finally got back, I carried Juliette straight to our bedroom, tucking her, just like I told her, into bed and under the covers.

I tasked Kenji to get Sonya and/or Sara to take a look at her gaping wounds. Adam sent to see if he could get any warm food for her. Then, finally, I asked Castle to see the soldiers, take over the role, me and Juliette would usually undergo.
They all went and did said task, leaving me and Juliette alone in the bedroom.

"Oh love, are you okay?" I stroke her frozen cheek.
"Mhm" she hummed, closing her eyes.
"No, sweetheart, you have to stay awake. If you've hurt your head or something, you can't fall asleep until you've had some medicine, so you don't hurt yourself even more." I regret having to tell her. She looks so exhausted but she can't sleep, I can't let her. If she falls asleep and she has a bad head trauma, she could choke on her own vomit, or fall into a coma. We can't risk that, I can't risk that.
"Please, Aaron. I'm so tired." She whimpered.
"I know, I'm so sorry. It's not that I'm trying to put you in distress, it's that if something were wrong, something happened that hurt your head, sleeping isn't a smart idea."
She looks at me, with sad, desperate eyes. "Oh, okay."
"Only a little longer until the girls have checked you over, then, you can sleep as long as you please." I hate seeing her like this, it's torture in itself, so I can't even imagine how she must feel, when she is the one dealing with the injuries fist hand.

I stroke her cheek and then notice her eyes drift closed. "No, darling."
She groans and turns away from me, her back facing me.
"I wish you could sleep, love, I honestly do, but if something happens to you whilst you're asleep, I could never forgive myself." I breathe-

Just as I'm about to continue speaking I hear a knock at the door, I'm hoping it's Soya and/or Sara and Kenji.

I open the door and, sure enough, there stands Kenji and Sara.
"Come in, please." I open the door fully and step aside for them to come in.
I turn around and see that Juliette is laying there, facing us, eyes open as wide as she can get them, only a tiny bit.
"Juliette, can I look at your injuries?" Sara slowly walks over to the bed as Juliette slightly nods.

Sara checks her over then turns to look at me, Juliette is basically asleep.
"She's okay to sleep, she has no head injuries, as for the wounds, it would have to use more energy and power then you, Warner, can borrow from me. Furthermore, we will wait for them to heal on their own," she explains.
"Is there anything we can do to help them heal?"
She nods, "yes. Put this cream on her wounds in the morning, when she wakes up, and then again at night, just before she goes to sleep."
"Alright. Thank you Sara." I say.

She walks out the room, leaving the door open as Adam and Castle come in with the warm food and a glass of water that I asked Adam for.
"Shh," I whisper as I see Adam go to say something. I point to a sleep Juliette, laying there, lightly snoring, on my side of the bed.
They both nod in acknowledgment.

Adam put the bowl of tomato soup down on my bedside table and then Castle placed the glass of water next to it. "Thank you." I offer them, showing them that I am grateful for their kindnesses.
"No worries." Castle smiled, patting me on the back. Adam only sends me a reassuring, gentle nod. Whilst Kenji, who's been in here since Sara came, stands leaning against the wall, like he has since he came in.

We all wait, patiently, for Juliette to regain her strength and wake up once she's strong enough too.
————
Word count: 1016