Chapter 26 - Rooftop

⚠️TW⚠️
Insanity
Anxiety
Depression
Hallucinations
Self isolation
Talk of war
Trauma
———
⚠️(This chapter has a lot to do with bad mental health, so if your in comfortable with anything to do with that topic, please don't read, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable.)⚠️
————
AARON'S POV:

I know she wouldn't go out of grounds again but the sector is big, although she has a 'favourite spot'. The roof she stood on when she won the battle against my father, she sits there, legs dangling over the edge, looking out over the base.
It is quite a nice view up there, I used to be up there a lot when I ran 45, conducting orders and tallying my men. I see why she likes it. You can see the ocean, trees upon trees, lake's and now blooming flowers, it is quite a sight. But I think she likes it because it's the place where she found peace, she destroyed something that had been crumbling society for decades long. I admire her sentimentality.
I head up the stairs and then into the elevator that takes me to the rooftop itself, and as I suspected, she's here. Sat as I thought she would and looking to the ocean, the breeze blowing through her gorgeous brown hair.
I take a slow stride, careful not to make her jump, and sit down next to her. She turns her head, eyes red and puffy and her face stained with tears.
"Love, what's on your mind?"
She sniffled and rested her head on my shoulder, "I don't actually know... fully".
I sigh, "fully? What do you mean?"
"I feel like somethings wrong, I know something is, but I can't pinpoint what exactly it is. It's so frustrating!"
I kiss the top of her head, "I'm here. Whenever and whatever you need, I'll always do."
"Kenji's told you so I guess there's no point in shielding the truth now" she looks down to her hands, her head still on my shoulder. "I could cope with you gone. It was horrendous. I didn't think it mattered, you just fought a battle, I didn't want to put that load on you."

She rubs her arm, signifying she was cold, so I take off my blazer and wrap it around her, very small, figure.

"Thank you" she mumbles into the blazer.
"I guess I haven't really fully gotten out of that... phase. I still like shit." She pauses. "It's like when I see you I'm so sure your a hallucination,
I'm so sure your not in front of me, it frightens me. My eyes will play tricks on me and I'll see you sort of distorted or glitching. I guess I'm not really good at excepting that good things can happen."
I wrap my arms around her, to warm her and to pull her closer. I had no idea she felt like this, even with my power, she kept it hidden so well.
"Why didn't you say anything?" I softly ask.
"It got to a point where I just couldn't."
I cupped her face, feeling her freezing cheeks. "You know, when I first got together with you, I felt the same. I woke up every morning thinking you where something that happened in my dream, like you wouldn't be there when I turned to look beside me." I smile remembering the relief when I saw her, laying there, next to me.
"Really?" She asked
"Yes, really."
"I guess both our minds like to fool us" she let out a small, sigh-like, laugh.
"I think your right, sweetheart."

I can sense her coming back, her usual self combing back to life, igniting.
My love, she's coming back again.
————
Word count: 760

(A/N): (Once again a short chapter, I'm so sorry, I'm going to try and make future chapters over 1,000 words, like in the early chapters.)

(I have a really good plot coming up and I can't wait to write it! It's going to be really fun to read and to write. There will be al to find battles and mysteries, like in the books, I'm so exited to get started on that.)

(Because of this, however, I'll need longer to write, so the update might only be once ever two or three days instead of once a day.)

(Once again thank you so much for the over 300 reads! As well as the 12 votes! It really does mean a lot to me that people enjoy what I write, as someone who is writing an actual book to publish.)